on 15 August 2017
It serves its purpose, good product
on 27 December 2012
I bought this when studying for a degree in marketing. Before I had the book, I had no degree. Now, I own this book, and also have a degree in Marketing. Coincidence?
No, not really. This was a core text and required reading for my degree. But in all seriousness, it was one of the more enjoyable textbooks I owned. And easier to read and understand than some academic books.
on 12 November 2012
Pretty pleased, I received the book well within the expected timeframe and it was perfect quality (completely new, still had the wrapping on). Because it seemed to be a different edition I was initially displeased but then I realised ti had everyhting it needed to and the paper was better than if I had bought a paperback copy from my local bookshop,which also charged almost double for it. Overall very pleased with purhcase and service.
on 24 August 2005
This is an excellent book. Having read management and marketing literature for 30 years I was surprised to find a new book, written in a fresh and easily-digested manner, which contained so many new ideas.
on 15 March 2011
This book was recommended by my lecture when i was in uni. To be honest I did not use it (even though the lectures followed the book). it was just far too dry! I couldnt read it and stay interested for more than 10 minutes. At the end of the day global marketing strategy and theory are the same in most global marketing books. if I were you i'd choose one that is more user friendly!
on 7 September 2011
Whilst at university between 1995-99, "Global Marketing" (1st edition) was a core textbook for my International Business course - an excellent resource for explaining marketing theory and bringing it to life through the organised layout, easy-to-understand & memorable case studies. Having worked in Marketing since leaving Uni, I purchased the 5th edition of this book to help me now that I'm in the world of work and I'm delighted to say that it again is a great book to refer to when planning, preparing presentations and mostly as a guide to tackling real world challenges in my global marketing role. The charts and tables illustrate the theory excellently. The case studies work really well in showing how companies manage the complexities of global marketing and I'm delighted to say "Global Marketing, 5th edition" is my go-to book of choice.
on 11 October 2011
In the global world that we live in, marketers and budding entrepreneurs will find this book very useful. I am currently using this book for my 3rd year at Uni, and it is very detailed with some handy illustrations to help aid. It is a complex book, no ways getting about that, but it is extremely useful for someone that is interested in going into global business or just interested in marketing in general. The book goes into great depth on PEST, and internationalization. There are some other key concepts in this book, but these are 1's which leap out when you first read the book itself.

There are also electronic activities available on the publishers website, so you do not always have to read the book which is a good thing, especially as it can be a little heavy on the eyes!
on 13 October 2008
Finally I found a real global marketing book. This book has a much better global focus than most American books that are so clearly American. The Danish author Hollensen, manages to give this popular subject a fresh feel unlike so many of the books issued lately.
Kudos to you Mr.Hollensen.
on 8 April 2012
I have found this textbook most helpful, as it has outlined not only internationalisation, however, the barriers associated with both small and larger businesses exporting into foreign markets.
on 5 March 2012
There are very many books on the market about 'marketing' and the problem is that the majority do not fit into todays understanding of the term 'marketing'. This is an excellent book for final year business students and also those undertaking their MBA.