on 14 December 2011
I found an earlier edition of this book during my first year undergraduate degree at UCL, and it totally changed the way I looked at statistics. I owe a lot to the authors who have explained statistics in such a way that I am able to actually use the tools of statistics as opposed to worrying too much about the formulas.

I was able to built up a knowledge of working examples which then helped me interpret the formulas later on. A must have for those who want to "feel" statistics, who want to develop their data "intuition".
on 3 June 2012
I love this book because I actually understand it! I didn't get on with the Andy Field book at all (apart from to look up particular bit of info about a test) but this book helped to build a proper conceptual understanding rather than lurching from one stats test to another with little explanation. Thank you to the authors of this excellent book!
on 14 June 2005
Uhelpful to those with little prior knowledge of stats, regardless of what the authors believe. Lots & lots of waffle, followed by 'but you don't need to know this'.
on 11 May 2011
As a psychology PhD student I have never felt the need to spend money on a statistics book up until now. I've sat in on an authors seminar and loved the teaching style. This book is clearly written, explaining the theory and application behind statistics, as well as providing a step by step tutorial to applying this knowledge using SPSS. I cannot recommend this book highly enough, it covers all the basics for statistics used in psychology and prepares the student for any future and more complex reading required. Buy it!
on 4 January 2011
I recommend this for 'continuous professional development' of many in the medical and behavioural science fields whose appreciation of statistics (on which their opinions often depend) is rusty or worse. Great value
on 20 January 2014
Well used for my girlfriends statistics module in her psychology degree, would recommend to other students doing a similar subject
on 30 September 2013
Arrived in excellent condition and in good time for my daughter to return to university to continue her Psychology degree.
on 31 January 2014
Has all the information to which the Exam was based on, the book was not damaged and was in great quality.
on 9 November 2010
Everything right and on time. Thank you.
(SPSS - hardest thing ever for me anyway )
on 9 July 2014
Good book, very useful for beginners in statistics.