Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 March 2017
Bought far to many parenting books but have to say this one is excellent
on 28 August 2009
I initially bought this book for my neice who is always open to ideas to enhance her parenting skills. However, after reading the introducton I decided to read if for myself first and I am very glad I did. Not only did I learn some wonderful techniques on how to build relationships with your children and offer them strategies that will give them skills they can retain throughout their lives, but I also leaned a great deal about myself. How easy it is to break a child's confidence and make them feel worthless, something some of us have carried thoughout our lives.

Learning and adopting just ONE of the techniques in this outstanding book will make such a difference to both you and your children's future and I urge anyone with children, regardless of age to read this book.

Additionally, the techniques in this book can be adapted and are relevant to adults in their daily lives and have the potential to enhance your relationships in the work place, with family, friends and anyone else who enters your life.

Brilliant Parent has been constructed and written in a very accessible way and is jargon-free. Brilliant Parent is a Brilliant Book, well worth a read. Needless to say my neice loved it.
on 11 August 2009
This book really helped me find a way to communicate with my suddenly hormonal son, who has transformed from a lively chatter box to a sullen teenager. Brilliant Parent has shown me ways to ask him questions and talk to him in a way, that doesn't result in him raising his eyes to heaven and giving me one word responses. Brilliant!
on 19 October 2010
When you have a 7 year old who doesn't listen and a 5 year old who thinks they own the house, then this book is for you.

In fact, this book if for anyone who either needs help addressing a situation with their child / children or for someone who simply wants to be able to understand their children better.

For me personally the book has allowed me to truly understand my children better so that I'm able to question them and learn to understand how they think, which ultimately brings better results for everyone.

Go out and buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 30 July 2009
Full of intelligent common sense, this book bangs out clever and helpful advice. I loved 'Flying Start', but 'Brilliant Parent' brings Emma's advice into much sharper focus, making the strategies simpler to apply - and they really do work. Parenting is like making profiteroles - once you've learnt the best, most useful tips and techniques, it's marvellous fun producing a fantastic result....Emma is the Nigella of parenting!
on 28 December 2010
I haven't finished reading this book but it has already had an impact on my parenting skills. I have used a couple of the strategies with quick results. The strategies for dealing with the problems that are highlighted are easy to read and implemented. I would recommend this to all parents.
on 15 July 2009
This book is the life-line that parents everywhere are looking for. As a parent of four and a teacher of 11-16 year olds this book has proved to be indispensible. Its practical approach and workable solutions help you to see, feel and believe that you can do it. My dyslexic son has come on leaps and bounds using a number of the strategies Emma shares in an easy to read and apply style. Not only do you get the book but now there are free online parent advice sessions you can watch for free. This book is more than worth the money. Thanks Emma.
on 29 July 2009
Emma's work is insightful as well as very practical. I have learnt things from Emma that I can and do put into practice every day. I wholeheartedly recommend her writing as well as her coaching work with adults and kids alike.
on 5 August 2009
One thing will hit you when you have read this book. Everything in it makes sense. It is written brilliantly, (pardon the pun) with examples that will help you 'get it' instantly. EVERY PARENT MUST BUY THIS BOOK.