Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Dreamweaver CS4 is a daunting product, amazing but daunting, inless you know what to do. I looked at several books before deciding on this one, and I am so glad that I did. The book itself is well laid out, great colour pics and easy to follow instructions. You couldn't possibly write a book on Dreamweaver that would cover everything you want to know from start to finish, but this gets really close. I had a good look through most of the Brilliant series of books and must say that they are aptly titled.

If you are reading this wondering whether this book is easy to follow or not, believe when I say that it is. It doesn't complicate what it is trying to explain and doesn't (thank goodness) use techobabble to confuse those of us who are not young enough to take it all in (I'm 60, a young 60 I might add).

So all in all, a Brilliant book.
on 29 November 2009
I am an experienced dreamweaver designer and I admit that at first I thought how can it be brillant. I was wrong the book is well written easy to follow and is very good for begineer to advanced. More detail I found in Dreamweaver Bible CS 4 by Joseph Lowery . You can create a really good website with this brillant book. The series is good and I would recommend it.
on 7 November 2009
I purchased this book to help me with the Adobe exam which I passed yesterday, however

The book is laid out to certainly help you, it's clear and concise and I would recommend it without any doubt. As it's not an Adobe book, some of the terminology used is incorrect and he still makes references to CS3 even though the book is written for CS4 that's the main reason why I have only given it 4 stars

If you are looking for a book to help you use Dreamweaver CS4 then purchase it
on 30 November 2010
I have bought many "guide" books over the years, and I have discovered that there are as many different styles as there are reader's personalities. The "Brilliant" series seems to have an almost clinical and simple style, Although I found them easy to read, there was for me an assumption of prior knowledge that I didn't posess.

For me, this is a contradiction. I bought the book because an initial browse suggested it was written for newbies like me, but after a few pages my eyes began to glaze over. The repetitive style and layout may be reassuring to some, but I just found it boring.

Although more challenging, and certainly more complex, I have settled for the "Martin Evening" style of writing and production ... ...
on 27 May 2012
Easy to follow - clear instructions, helped me to pass 2 / 3 BTEC ICT units, does not cut back on detail in some places - which is a good thing, it is accessible to a wide audience.
on 18 July 2009
Read through it but not used it as yet. Looks good - looks simple! Laid out well.
on 3 July 2009
Both books were received rapidly and in excellent condition.
I'd buy from them again.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse