Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 16 November 2009
It's a very useful book for student like me who has never done any project before. It's good starting point.
on 25 October 2014
Although I am only around 40% of the way through this book, I have to say it is far too generic for my purposes and feel slightly misled by the other reviews which led to buy the book in the first place. If, like me, you are in your final year BSc ICT degree about to start your project, and are looking for some good, solid advice in order to dispel any ambiguity coupled with a few decent examples for inspirational purposes then look elsewhere as you will not find it in the pages of this book.

That is not to say it is a bad book, as such, it just depends on what you are looking for; if that is some general guidance on conducting projects at BSc, MSc or PhD level etc. then it may be perfectly fit for purpose. However, if your professors or lecturers are worth even half their pay packet then you will already know more than what this book will tell you. Do not expect anything too specific or some kind of zen formula that will give you the answers. A far better book (even though it is older) in my opinion, is: Success in Your Project: A Guide to Student System Development Projects, this gives more specific advice regarding BSc level projects and includes relevant examples to boot.
on 21 August 2015
I used this book for my final project at University and it allowed me to get a better understanding of all the steps and thing I should do to ensure I had a successful project. Strongly recommended for any conducting a project in IT regardless of whether it is for University or not.
on 28 September 2010
This was very appropriate for the type of project I was doing. It provided a lot of insight on exactly how to go about doing IT/computing related projects.
on 22 April 2013
I had thought I knew how to write a project document. Most of what is described is straight forward. There are point of project management and risk management that I would have taken for granted and working through this helped to identify all of them. My project should be better because of this
on 13 November 2011
This is a wonderful book when it comes to writing project proposal and dissertation reports in computing.
It has a systematic approach and clear headings to follow with simple and understandable English; no scary technical terms that put people off.
I will recommend it to anyone who wants to undertake any project in computing.
on 8 December 2013
This book is very helpful for doing an IT project. It is well structured and very easy to comprehend. All in all, highly recommended!!
on 23 October 2016
Very well lays out easy to follow.
on 10 February 2015
Exam passed with Merit... +++
on 8 December 2012
Content fine but really hardback books in this day and age are a pain. I would have ky h preferred a kindle edition.