Customer reviews

on 1 April 2012
The book arrived quickly.
This is a must for AAT student and for everyone interested in accounting.
I have osborne books for my studies but would recommend to buy this one as well.
It is very good in terms of explaining everything from the different angle which will make the whole concept of learning AAT much more easier.
Book is very easy to read, understand and follow.
Very much recommended!!!
on 1 March 2017
Good
on 15 February 2013
Excellent book to use as a C & G Bookkeeping Level 2 manual with lots of good examples and detail
on 30 July 2012
I bought this book because of the other high rated reviews. I agree the text is straightforward and topics are covered in detail.

HOWEVER, what other reviews fail to state is that only some of the questions set in each chapter have solutions. About two thirds are printed in the book. However the website you are directed to on the first page of the book for the solutions, states that there are no dedicated resources for this edition (or the previous one) and just directs you to webpage for a completely different book. So no solutions for these questions.

For me, testing the knowledge I have acquired is the most important step in learning. Setting questions without answers is utterly pointless.

Really expected more from an established author and publisher. This just feels like rather ignorant cost cutting. I would rather pay more for the few extra pages that need to be printed or to support a resources website.
on 27 March 2009
I bought this book for my daughter who is currently taking her Level 1 Book-keeping course at college.
She is more than happy with it and is finding it an invaluable aid to her course work.
Because of the help the book is giving her she is now considering continuing her studies on to Level 2.
on 19 December 2010
I'm currently studying Accountancy, and after reading the reviews decided to purchase. I'm nearly half-way through this book, and find it a valueable resource of information and the practice questions at the end of each chapter help to reinforce my knowledge. Soo glad I bought this.
on 28 September 2010
Well, actually, it isn't much more than just an update, but it is an invaluable addition to any accounting library (unless, maybe, you have an earlier edition). Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we all hate presumptious people? (Hmmm, does that make me one?!) So many study books tell me what I 'will' have learned at the end of the chapter; well not this one. Instead, it tells me what I 'should' have learned! Throughout, and in a similar vein, the writing style is free and easy, the page layout makes each chapter accessible, and the colour scheme, although maybe not to everybody's liking, helps break-up the monotony of some of the subject matter. Use it as a reference book or a study manual, you won't be disappointed.
on 8 March 2011
This book arrived very quickly and was well packaged. I find it invaluable as an accompaniment to my city and guilds levels 1 and 2 in manual book-keeping and accounts.
on 8 November 2009
I am currently studying finance and accounting as part of my Business Degree and have found this book fundamental to my studies. It explains everything through steps with diagrams and is laid out very clearly. There are also exam questions at the back for you to practice. I would highly reccommend this book.
on 14 February 2017
I had the earlier version, but it seems like the same book, except its different. This one has fewer pages and easier to read. The colours are good, and the pages are well written, with enough information not to bore you with. I got this book because my local library had this copy. I would re-loan the book, week after week. But then I felt sorry for those actual students who come to the library and need the references to help them more than I need. So I decide that Amazon was the best place to get the closest copy to that book that I could find, and this was it, I'm wholly satisfied. Now, I can take my time to read this copy without worrying about trying to keep the binding of the library book in good shape. Thank God for Libraries.