Customer reviews

on 27 April 2003
Topics covered include Micr and Macroeconomics, Law, the Political Environment, the Business Environment and Markets, making this a well written book which gives up-to-date information and balanced opinions. The language used and content make this book a versatile resourse for students ranging from A Level through to higher education. The case studies, review and discussion questions, together with the assignments should prove useful to both students and tutors alike.
on 8 October 2011
Well written, colourful, and relatively easy to understand texbook. You learn quite a lot of new words and concepts especially if you are new to the subject (like me as an Electronic Engineering student).

An essential topic to be covered by variety of students studying variety of disciplines. Because business is an important topic for all the courses nowadays and that's why a few business modules are integrated to our Engineering degree program as well.

Covering plenty of real world case studies showing the problems that the companies faced in the past and what sort of strategies they developed to overcome these problems. At the end of the chapters the new words mentioned in the chapter are also included.

Really good investment and highly recommended.

Mr. Engin Sicimogullari (MEng Electronic Engineering Student)
on 28 October 2000
Most books in this category have a tendancy to be boring. 'The Business Environment' however tries to up to date and enjoyful, in a truely successful manner. A mixture in the font and colour of the text make the subjct pleasing to the eye. Therefore in my view, the content of the book sinks right in. The text is blended well with diagrams, so the information is readily accessable. As a student of the subject at degree level, I have found this book a fantastic resource, and thoroughly recommend it to others.
on 12 November 2010
This was one of the recommended books for our HNC Business Management course and I've already used it for my first assignment.So good value for money.Easy to read, informative jsut what a freshman to University study needs.....
on 12 September 2013
I suppose this would be a good book for a 14-year old as it provides more of an overview of the nebulous topic of "the business environment" but does not provide in-depth studies or discussions of issues. Reading Bloomberg BW, The Economist, Financial Times, Harvard Business Review, etc. - would probably provide more relevant reading if basic working knowledge of history and economics are not absent.
on 29 March 2004
I am currently in my final year at uni doing m/cycle engineering. I was really worried when i was told we would be studying and graded on business appliance.
However our lecturers recomended this book, so i went ahead and bought it. supprisingly it has helped a great deal in my understanding of the module. it has helped me through my mid-semester exam, and my revision for my final.
This book is good for all those wanting to gain knowlege about the business environment and how it works.
A VERY HELPFUL BOOK TO HAVE!!!
on 21 September 2013
It does exactly what it says on the tin, it's a study book for a business class in college. If you were interested in learning about business then this book is for you
on 20 February 2017
This book was in excellent condition considering it's was purchased 2nd hand.
Hopefully will help with my CICM studies.
on 25 October 2015
This book was purchased as reading material for a university course. It is highly informative and easy to understand.
on 17 February 2013
This book is easy to read and gives you a lot of knowledge on the subject - I can only say good things about it