on 14 April 2005
I have just begun my first year studying Accounting and Finance at university and have found the subject of Financial Accounting extremely difficult. Thanks to this book I am finding my own learning and revision periods are much easier and I am now understanding concepts which I hadnt a clue about in lectures! Thank you to the authors! One tiny issue with the book is that sometimes the double entry questions and examples used are not complex enough for what is needed at my level. Apart from that I recommend this book highly!
on 1 December 2002
I have just started studying account this year. I was really, really scared about how the subject was going to be. As it was, I found the subject really hard, but on top of that our teacher was really bad as well! But thank God, that our school had prescribed this book for the Year 10s! It has really helped. This book contains detailed explanations, plus multiple choice questions and loads of activities review questions. The answers of activities are written at the end of each chapter respectively.
Also, answers of alternative review questions are written at the back of the book. For me, one termed has passed, and I have studied wholly out of the book, and scored high marks! Three cheers for Frnk Wood and Alan Spanster!!!
on 19 January 2010
I bought this book as I'm currently studying Financial Accounting in College and this book has been incredibly useful.

I love the layout and the examples and the structure of the book in that there is a natural progression. If
you are being introduced to accounting covering double entry, sole trader, reconcilliation, company accounts. This
book is a must. Even for revision and (on a threee month break till the following academic year) to jog
the memories, it's a must.

Definitely worth the expenditure!
on 20 January 2010
For anyone embarking on a manual book-keeping course this is the book to purchase. I suggest you buy this book before embarking on one of those Level 1 College courses as the material covered is usually given in photocopy form and is not comprehensive enough, IMO.
on 6 April 2010
Has been a valuable source of reference the book keeping course that I currently studying. Well laid out with straight forward explanations backed up with excellent review questions.
on 15 November 2010
this book has proved to be a useful source of knowledge for my accounting unit at university. quick delivery, thanks
on 11 July 2011
I just wanted to add my praise to the others here.

I found this book to be excellent - written in an easy to follow manner and has a natural progression from chapter to chapter. I found after reading the chapter AND DOING THE ACTIVITIES AND QUESTIONS I had a far better grasp of what I was doing.The activities also answered a lot of questions I had that other books did not.

It is obvious that the people who wrote this book really understand what they are doing. Recommended!!!
on 17 July 2011
Great book. I've been studying for ACCA's CAT and found this very helpful to further explain aspects that I didnt quite grasp, or to further explain why something is done, in an easy to understand language.
on 14 February 2011
Hello
I really glad I bought the book - very easy to read and follow through the progression from easier to more difficult questions. I felt really comfortable with the chapter once read the text and answered the questions. The ONLY downside is that they don't use all the right accounting term when they describe one of the financial statements. I am in Ireland so maybe the use of these terms is accurate in UK. That was the only downside. I will buy Business Accounting 2 next year!
on 13 November 2013
Am happy with the book as all the ammunition l am looking for to enable me become a good and qualify accountant are in there.