on 26 April 2017
Can't add anything to the review, informative.
on 13 March 2017
Very useful book
on 1 August 2017
Very thick indeed!
on 14 April 2005
I have just begun my first year studying Accounting and Finance at university and have found the subject of Financial Accounting extremely difficult. Thanks to this book I am finding my own learning and revision periods are much easier and I am now understanding concepts which I hadnt a clue about in lectures! Thank you to the authors! One tiny issue with the book is that sometimes the double entry questions and examples used are not complex enough for what is needed at my level. Apart from that I recommend this book highly!
on 21 January 2016
excellent
on 27 March 2006
Im doing a degree in financial accounting and the core text my lectures recommended was very concise and difficult to understand for a first time reader. This book however is much easier to read for an introduction to accounting. It is very clear and well laid out with plenty of useful examples. I hadnt done A level accounts so was new to accounting and found this book a great help to cross refrence and highly recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 8 August 2006
I gained my initial understanding of accounting from Frank Wood 20 years ago, and have been recommending this text to students ever since. Buy this one to understand the basics before you consider any of the others, then work your way outwards.
on 1 December 2002
I have just started studying account this year. I was really, really scared about how the subject was going to be. As it was, I found the subject really hard, but on top of that our teacher was really bad as well! But thank God, that our school had prescribed this book for the Year 10s! It has really helped. This book contains detailed explanations, plus multiple choice questions and loads of activities review questions. The answers of activities are written at the end of each chapter respectively.
Also, answers of alternative review questions are written at the back of the book. For me, one termed has passed, and I have studied wholly out of the book, and scored high marks! Three cheers for Frnk Wood and Alan Spanster!!!