on 13 April 2017
Good book and excellent customer service
on 30 July 2017
Great!
on 16 October 2017
Brilliant!
on 5 September 2017
Excellent book
on 6 June 2001
In many books written about business by academics there is a huge gap between the theory propounded and the practical implementation within an organisation. This book neatly bridges that gap and lays out a process that can be applied to any for profit industry. It also offers a set of analytical tools that won't scare all those anti-academic senior managers. Essential for my MBA I use the book regularly in my work place.
on 1 February 2014
this was and still is a great introduction to the world of corporate strategy. it is mainly focuses on international market and global corporations but can still found some great business decision examples reading the case studies.
on 6 April 2005
By far the best book in the field I have ever read! It uses colour, pictures and graphics generously. It reads well. It makes the study of Strategy interesting! I used to find it such a dull subject, but Johnson & Scholes relate theory to real-life examples which are up to date with current business news. I would most certainly recommend this book to anyone, whether they are studing the subject for exam purposes or simply out of interest! The on-line features are excellent as well.
on 9 January 2006
I found this book to be invaluable during the Strategic Management module of my DMS. Not only was it informative, but it actually made the subject interesting (a course text book that is hard to put down!?!). The case studies are in themselves of interest and they relate very nicely to the concepts that are introduced. During my written assignment (which I passed easily) I drew heavily on the concepts and ideas introduced in this publication, which includes a wide variety of references from other recognised authors that I also found very useful.
Now I am studying for the Marketing module of my DMS, and this book is even helping with this, as it helps relate strategy to marketing.
I think anyone taking a DMS or MBA will find this book invaluable.
on 4 March 2005
This latest edition of the J&S text sees the expansion of the writing team to include Richard Whittington, a very accomplished academic in the field of strategic management.
The chapters are extensively revised, with many new chapters added, some excellent mini cases & bang up to date full size cases. As an academic having taught strategic management for the past twelve years & having read numerous other texts & occasionally reviewing books for publishers... this text, now in its 7th edition, still remains best in the field.
on 25 February 2002
The authors will guide you through a clear, concrete and concise strategic model,and by the time you finish reading it, you will understand everything you need to know about strategy.
If you are interested in the subject I would say is a 'must-read'.