on 15 February 2017
Good
on 17 May 2001
Superb book. Clearly written, easy to understand and excellent to reference now and in the future. I received a First Class Honors by studying this book so Nigel et al rates the best value for money and excellent for study and understanding the topic. First year through my MBA and this book is all I need.
on 8 April 2017
Helped me smash my exam
on 27 December 2003
The book on Operations Management by Slack et al was an excellent guide into the area of Operations Management. It is filled with interesting theory on the subject area and also provides pointers into related areas such as Marketing, Strategy and Organisational Behaviour. It is one of the most well-written course books I have come across and is an achievement by the authors as they not only manage to present OM in a concise way but also can link the theory to theories in other domains in a coherent fashion.
Over time, the book has proven to be one of those course books that have turned into frequently used reference books in real-life situations. Not many of my course books have managed to pass this usability litmus test.
on 19 March 2015
Was recommended this by my tutor but must say I prefer other awarding body books myself. Although you can find the content for most of the l5 and l7 management courses
on 4 February 2000
Slack et al. Have out done themselves this constantly revised book has got everything that I needed to know at Operations Management. Not only that but it's really easy to read...
As part of my final year project I spoke to an 'Actual' Operations Manager and him and I completely understood one another. I spoke to him about things that I had come across in this book and he had not heard about. It was very useful and it got me very high marks in the module I was doing. It covers all relevant subject areas to give to great ideas, and the case studies are excellent example of operations in work. I have no hesitation in recommending this book!
on 27 July 2016
This book has helped me in my business studies, including course works writings, case studies analysis, it has a lot of beneficial examples, it also assisted while preparing for “Operations Management” exams.

The "Operations Management" book will guide you through concepts such as Supply Chain Management to LEAN, and much more. It clearly outlines how all organizations will have to deal with these concepts in any business.

Operations Management is about how organizations produce or deliver the goods and services that provide the reason for their existence. Operations can be seen as one of many functions (e.g. marketing, finance, personnel) within the organization. The operations function can be described as that part of the organization dedicated to the production or delivery of goods and services. This means all organizations accept operations activities because every organization produces goods and/or services.

Yes, recommending this book, specially to business studies students.
on 27 November 2009
Operations Management is about much more than just pure operations: the authors stretch the discipline to encompass almost every arena of business and management and I consider this text to of use in several other areas of business and management. There are surprisingly extensive and detailed sections on many topics including project management and business technology. Much of the management and strategy theory is applicable to general management. If you are reading this book in the course of academic studies as I did then you may struggle to quote and paraphrase, as the material is packed with quality information with nothing unnecessary and is also brilliantly worded - so you will not wish to deviate or digress. Every middle and senior manager and MBA should have a well-used copy of this text on their book shelf. It is management theory excellence - and operations management in depth.
on 4 April 2000
I am a post-graduate student in Facilities Management and found this book to be extremely useful when planning, designing and managing facilities service operations.
on 7 November 2010
I bought this book to help me through the 'Supply Chain & Operations' module of my MBA. The content was spot-on and covered every aspect of operations that I ever needed to read about (and some that I will never get round to reading about). It was written in an easy to read style and had lots of real life examples that applied the learning nicely.

In summary, I'd recommend this book to MBA students, MSc supply chain/ops student or anyone who wants to know more about ops/supply chain.