on 27 March 2006
Im doing a degree in financial accounting and the core text my lectures recommended was very concise and difficult to understand for a first time reader. This book however is much easier to read for an introduction to accounting. It is very clear and well laid out with plenty of useful examples. I hadnt done A level accounts so was new to accounting and found this book a great help to cross refrence and highly recommend it.
on 11 April 2001
Whilst this edition retains the famed qualities informationwise, I've strong criticisms: Biz accounting 1&2 are almost exact copies of Frank's 'A-level Accounting 1&2', the sole difference being a change of press. 'A-level Accounting' had a far clearer layout and, importantly, clearly distinguishable italics which this book utterly lacks. Furthermore, the inclusion of former book 2 material is of questionable benefit as this is a two-book deal anyway (students need both).
Frank is famed for making an otherwise dry subject accessible. however, this edition's, poor prsentation makes for poor readability undermining a great work.
VINE VOICEon 8 August 2006
I gained my initial understanding of accounting from Frank Wood 20 years ago, and have been recommending this text to students ever since. Buy this one to understand the basics before you consider any of the others, then work your way outwards.
on 25 October 2013
My tutor recommended this book when I was studying for my C&G Accounts and Bookkeeping Level 2 exam. I mainly used my course material to study but found this book useful as a second source. The latest edition is expensive so I ordered a used copy of this edition and it arrived in good condition
on 12 September 2013
I found some of the wording confusing. I think this is a very useful book if used in conjunction with a good accounting class/teacher. On its own, it is tedious and lacking "simon says" examples which leaves room for doubt. I think one of the Dummies series or a similarly designed "teach yourself" book would be a good companion.
on 18 February 2014
Fast delivery, book is in fantastic condition. Profits go towards schools and library's etc so even more reason to purchase from them. Exactly what I needed, studying bookkeeping and this explains it really well, an easy read.
on 17 June 1999
Business accounting 1 has been like my own personal bible. Indepth and covers all topics.A must for any accounting student.
on 15 September 2011
I bought this book for my daughter who is learning accounting for school
management, she said this book explains things simply and has lots of helpful
tips. She couldn't believe how complicated accountancy issues were simply explained and examples shown. A helpful exciting book for all those wanting to take up accountancy.
on 9 September 2001
A lot of lecturers 'play safe' by recommending Frank Wood, even for non-accounting business degree courses. I think it's good but over the top and far too detailed for such courses. I prefer a briefer, modular-based text such as Geoff Black's 'Intro to Accounting'.
on 15 May 1999
this is by far the best accounting textbook written by the main expert good old frank, it is in depth but easy to understand, too bad alan sangster dont get much attention as he is good too i study a-level accounts so if anyone wants to send me any notes etc please feel free to do so