on 27 February 2006
I never forget my Office and Information Studies course at school, and being taught how to do a professional business letter layout. I wondered where my teachers learnt it. By chance I stumbled across this book in the language school where I now work. We have to prepare students for various tests, and I nearly wept with joy when I found the example of how to type a modern business letter, and it was the exact same layout as I remember from school! This is the updated version, and includes a lot more about email, as it is now a part of everyday office culture.
The examples are clear and the language is modern. Shirley teaches us to use our modern spoken language (not slang) for letter writing, while still maintaining professionalism. She helps to clear up a lot of mess from our letters, emails, reports etc, making them easier for the reader.
Check lists at the end of some chapters are EXTREMELY valuable; ensuring that we've included everything we should have included and to check the tone is correct. There are also sections of useful expressions which just further enhance your correspondence.
My students asked me if there was a book they could buy to help them with their letter writing. I brought my copy from home, and they all wanted it.
My copies lives beside my pc. It's a must-have for any company or individual.
Stop being sloppy with your letter writing (and other documents)...buy this book!
on 19 February 2017
Really useful!!!
on 4 November 2009
Clear and instructive, a must to have, learn how to write formal documents with a informal tone.
on 11 October 2011
Very good and useful book for everyone who sending business emails, letters.

I find very useful information. I have it in my office and read it all the time.

Recommend it.
on 2 August 2009
i will advise every one that come across this book to please buy it .all you need is there ,so try it first.
on 23 September 2013
I like it. Find it very helpful, when I get stuck with writing any sort of letter.

It did not help me every time, but in 90% I can rely on the book.

I am very happy.
on 5 April 2013
This is an excellent book. It includes a wealth of examples and is really useful. I'm an English teacher (teaching adults) and often refer to this when covering written English.
on 22 August 2016
Very good book. I keep reading always. there are all details i wanted. it is really useful for everyone.
on 4 January 2015
Too old, I did not check when it was published otherwise it would have been perfect.
on 18 March 2015
top quality product, good price and recommended