on 7 June 2016
Brilliant book. The principle is simple and how far you take it is up to you. You'll come to use this in your personal life and your working life to better structure your thinking and your arguments. Any report or cover letter that you produce will be enhanced by this idea. Stop wasting your audience's time with information that they don't need and begin to excel in interviews and beyond.
on 2 September 2017
For a book that is supposedly about writing clear documents, it falls short. I had to read twice to get it sometimes. Yes I got something out of it but it could have been more to the point and simpler.
on 3 January 2016
Great book, had it many years ago and glad to find it again. Well received and in good condition - thank you!
on 3 January 2013
I was given the previous 3rd edition as a part of a consulting course that I found extremely valuable.

I purchased this edition that has been reprinted this year. It is vastly improved in its structure with the addition of two new sections on Logic in Problem Solving and Logic in Presentation with additional appendixes. The techniques taught in this book are used by many professional consulting firms to create clear persuasive messages. Even if you are able to grasp a small part of the principles in this book your reports and presentations will be vastly improved.

Highly recommended.
on 11 January 2013
I found this book very helpful and was able to put the tips into practcie almost immediately. A great tool for all of us who have to write complex reports on a regular basis.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 October 2015
Helped me increase my marks from a merit to a distinction.
on 28 April 2013
I was introduced to this book and these principles by a college who is a Dale Carnegie coach. We have already used the format to frame a discussion document to a potential client. It enabled us to be clear in our thinking and subsequently to demonstrate our understanding of our client's problems. Highly recommend it.
2 people found this helpful