Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 17 November 2001
In studying a book keeping course at college, this book was the book we worked from. I found it easy to understand with the step by step tutorials and fully worked examples. The book contains lots of questions, some with answers for self assessment purposes. i didnt have any need to buy other books on book-keeping as this answered all questions i had.
on 10 November 2011
I found the first twenty five chapters excellent - consistently clear and well-structured, ideal for a beginner.

However, from the section on depreciation onwards, the author seems to lose discipline. Information is presentated in a more haphazard fashion and answers to the sample questions are inconsistent.
Having drilled in a strong methodolgy at the beginning, suddenly going off-piste is confusing for the student - especially when only half the answers appear in the back!

I hope later editions have rectified some of these issues because I was very impressed for the first few hundred pages.
on 26 January 2014
Very good book. Explanation is very clear especially for someone who has not done any kind of accounting. All other books I have used prior seem to assume prior knowledge and provide limited explanation or hide behind accounting terms, this book does not
on 18 June 2011
I got this book out from the Library to help me with my Bookkeeping course especially Double Entry Bookkeeping. The course material I was following left me feeling a little stupid!

Everything was explained with easy to use statements and I now understand the rules of Double Entry, something I was struggling with before. I was so impressed with it's style of teaching that I wanted to get a copy for myself.

Even though the book was 2nd hand it was in excellent condition. It looked like only the first few pages had ever been turned. Excellent value for money, fast delivery. All in all very very pleased with the book.
on 17 March 2015
Definitely pleased with this purchase. will buy again from amazon. really excellent service and quality.
on 3 March 2010
Was delighted to have this book in my possession as it was from an earlier Frank Wood text book that I learned my basic book-keeping skills - some 56 years ago! Things have changed since then, but it is obvious that all the new strategies have been used to update this amazing 5th edition. Thank you.
on 12 February 2015
Okay but not as good as the 4th version
on 6 December 2011
What can I say - It provide what it said on the cover. Its simplicity layout, test and the answer helped me to a better understanding of booking-keeping and basic accounting.
on 24 April 2012