This book arrived well packed.

It had the customary dust jacket which had once been orange and was now faded.

The book must have remained tightly closed on a shelf for years with the dust jacket taking the sun's rays as both bottom, top of the dictionary and the edges of the pages are unaffected.

I did think when I bought it that the price was a bit high but on opening the book it had VERY WHITE pages so apart from the fading of the dustjacket it was like NEW. So the price was not so bad.

It is a shame that I have aged less well and these days need spectacles to read the words and scrutinize the outlines.
on 2 December 2015
This volume contains almost every conceivable word for the Pitman's enthusiast, including some quite out-of-the-way place-names which don't appear in the little pocket dictionaries. Along with each outline is a dictionary-definition. Of course, being a 1974 edition there must be many references missing for us today, but there are resources inside to help make up suitable new outlines.
on 22 May 2016
Good dictionary, loads of uncommon words. Good for reference purposes. I have been a shorthand writer for more than 50 years, not having used it much in the pat ten years, so it is helpful as a reminder.
on 11 May 2017
A fantastic book for people who write in shorthand. Serves also as a valuable dictionary.
on 28 July 2013
I was extremely pleased to see this item for sale on Amazon. I learned shorthand many years ago and always wanted a complete Pitman Dictionary so was very pleased to be able to obtain this edition.
on 28 October 2016
Heavier than I thought from the picture but excellent nonetheless!
on 10 August 2014
.I didn't have The Pitman Dictionary of English and shorthand!!!!!!!!!
I had pitman shorthand dictionary"
on 10 October 2014
Exellent product and delivery!
on 10 October 2009
This book arrived in good condition and very promptly. Takes me back to 1976 and my days at secretarial college. This is the form of shorthand I learned back then, which still comes in very handy even now, over 30 years later. Useful tool to check on the forms for various words as, with irregular use over the years, my shorthand these days tends to be a mix of Pitmans squiggles and abbreviated words. Definitely worth having and keeping on my desk at work.
on 8 June 2009
I received this book on time and I am absolutely pleased with it. It was used but in good condition. Will definitely be making more purchases in the future.