on 8 June 2017
Blast from the past! Came in handy, but no list of short-forms. However, I would recommend to those of us who may have become a little rusty and like to reminisce.
on 19 July 2012
50 Years on and I still sometimes translate spoken words into shorthand for good mental exercise.
Having been able to do 240 wpm - I have always thought it was an incredibly brilliant system.
What a shame that it seems to be dying out through lack of use & technological takeover.
Occasionally I get stuck on an outline - as I write from long instinct (much like you spell in proper words)
I don't always remember the rules - so I thought having a dictionary would be a handy asset.
Couldn't believe the price this was offered at so grabbed it .. and it came very quickly.
Only downside is, I wish the presentation was a bit larger . . but perhaps that's tired old eyes talking.
All in all, a very satisfactory buy.
on 24 May 2012
It is years since I did shorthand at college, so decided to look into doing it again.
The purchase of my book was quick and easy and has helped me a lot to understand my own squiggles, so I now use the professional ones in my theory
on 1 October 2013
Great little guide for anyone who did Pitman 2000. If like me, you were silly enough to part with your original copy, thinking you'd never need it with the advent of word processing software, this will jog your memory and give you a taste of nostalgia at the same time. Great find, great condition to say it's a previously used copy and great price too.
on 26 April 2016
I purchased this dictionary on Amazon Marketplace from World of Books Limited.
To my horror, I found that the first few pages had been eaten!
I cut out the nibbled pages and put the dictionary in the microwave for two minutes.
There was steam coming out of the book when I took it out of the microwave and the spine had partially melted.
However, I was happy that there was nothing living among the pages!
I can use the dictionary but decided to order a second one from another seller that was as described when it arrived.
on 21 January 2016
I learned Pitman 2000 way back in 1981 and it was a very useful and sensible shorthand style. Bought the book as it was a "blast from the past" it is still as useful today as back then. Any secretary/admin should learn this!
on 24 February 2015
All the books look new and couldnt be better for the the 2nd hand. They are perfect for all shorthand stages. Loved your speed delivery. Thanks a lot
on 16 December 2012
Excellent condition, just what I needed now I'm using shorthand again, being pocket size is perfect for my desk or handbag
on 5 February 2015
just what I needed & in good condition as advertised
on 29 December 2014
great product, good price & quick delivery.