Customer reviews

on 14 May 2016
As far as I am concerned, this is the best shorthand book there is. I used it to learn Pitman 2000 shorthand 40 years ago at college, and when I decided to brush up recently I bought another course first, which was not nearly so good or clear. Needless to say, I returned to this one - although fortunately managed to obtain a secondhand copy! There is a key to this course as well, available separately, which is also a good investment.
on 24 July 2011
This is the original method for shorthand as envisioned by Sir Isaac Pitman, it offers a complete introduction to shorthand in a very condensed format. This type of shorthand is beautiful to look at, but is ineffective as a study guide in the UK, as this form of shorthand can no longer be easily assessed.
on 31 May 2012
It was great to receive this book so promptly. I haven't used shorthand in years and thought I'd brush up on the techniques. Where better to start than with the first course.