TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 November 2013
The Consequences of That Night Jennie Lucas.

Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews

I love romance, usually look for more complex novels but sometimes an uncomplicated one to relax with is just what I want. That's what I thought this would be. Unfortunately it was just a little too simple and uncomplicated for me, no real highs and lows, just a sweet, slightly sickly romance. :( I had the impression Emma would be a strong character but found her to be bot so, treating Cesare as if he were God at times. She did show some backbone standing up to him, but even then those sections didn't really have the drama and action I expected...and Cesare - one minute autocratic, playboy-ish guy, the next sweet and loving. There wasn't anything I really felt strongly about in this novel, neither good nor bad - it just seemed one of those quickly read and easily forgotten..there was great potential and the writing was good, its just that the story and characters were too bland for me. Ah well, it did at least have the happy ending I love!
Readers who want sweet and uncomplicated though may well enjoy this more than me, as ever we all want different things.
Stars: three, I didn't dislike the novel, just didn't really particularly enjoy I either.

ARC supplied by Netgalley.
on 6 November 2013
A really enjoyable romance. Emma is a taken for granted assistant to playboy Cesare. Things change between them when Cesare has a car accident and stays with an unwilling Emma at her getaway cottage. A different, more thoughtful side of Cesare emerges as he begins to look at his past and starts to pursue a relatonship with Emma. There are some really funny and sexy romantic moments in the book, and I liked Emma as she was a strong female character. I would recommend this book if you like a good romantic read.
on 24 November 2013
This was an enjoyable book. Nothing too complicated - a pretty straightforward love story. I found the ending a little too 'sickly/sweet' but that is probably just me. Not sure I would read it again, but it was a nice way to spend a few hours.
on 11 January 2015
What a great book, unpredictable story line from what I had expected from Mills and Boon, two really strong characters and a wonderful love story.
Fist time I've read this author, will definitely read more, Enjoy!
on 23 June 2016
Great book for reading even if the book is a bit used.
on 15 August 2014