Tanya Pierce lives in small Sonora, California. She owns and operates a salon. As with many small towns, the beauty salon is basically gossip central. Since Tanya is extremely talented with hair and makeovers, her shop is always busy. And since her family is Italian, the customers are occasionally treated to her family's dramas. So when Tanya's mother bursts into the shop, yelling to one and all that her daughter is disappointing her poor Uncle Frank, the man who practically helped raise her, Tanya braces herself for the storm.

Guilt is the gift that keeps on giving. Only for Uncle Frank does Tanya agree to temporarily relocate to Hollywood to host a makeover show on national television. Tanya does not want the job. She gets horrible stage fright. She is hoping to get fired. And after only three words from the producer's mouth, Tanya already knows the Landry is a curmudgeon. His condescending attitude rubs her raw and he irritates her just enough for her to decide to prove the idiot wrong; that she CAN do it. The Italian in Tanya simply would not allow her to shirk a challenge; especially from the grouchy, good looking man with the awful haircut.

The only reason AJ Landry agrees to produce the first six episodes of Pretty Women is because the Vice President of Programming had bribed him. He just needs to get the show off the ground. Though the star, Tanya, is pretty, her acting is horrid. Yet when Tanya does not know the cameras are rolling, she is freaking incredible! According to Tanya's Gran, their hostess would forget to be frightened if she was mad. If there is one thing Landry seems to be able to do, it is get under Tanya's skin. But when he is not trying to think up new insulting or sarcastic ways to motivate Tanya, Landry cannot help but think of all the wonderful reasons he is coming to care for the little minx.

***** FIVE STARS! The best words to describe Trish Jensen's fertile imagination are sassy, daring, romantic, bold, and hilarious. In short, it is freaking awesome! Throughout the entire story I could often feel a big grin spreading across my face. Once, while reading at work on break, I laughed out loud just as a small group of ladies passed my department's door. They stopped and looked at me like I was crazy. But that is what reading a book by Trish Jensen does to me. It makes me happy. The second I opened this book, I knew that I was in for a delightful romp! Tanya's customers grabbed my attention instantly and when her overly dramatic mother came storming in, I was hooked. You could not have pulled me away from this Italian family if you tried. I feel sorry for anyone who missed this gem. Highly recommended. *****

Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.