Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 January 2016
I've never met the MacGregors before; this book was a surprise present. And it was a surprise as I'm not a Mills & Boon reader. And sorry, I'm still not, but don't tell my husband! Having seen the impressive list of volumes Nora Roberts has published, it seems churlish to criticise such a successful writer just because I wasn't especially taken with her heroine. Because I wasn't. Not that I can articulate why particularly but none of the characters really engaged my interest and I actually got quite tired of re-hashed sex scenes and too much internal angst and rationalising. Add some truly unsubtle repartee to the mix and I was racing through to reach the end - but not for the usual reasons. And as for that ending, or rather, near ending. Oh pleeze! A few minutes' conversation to solve a book-long dilemma? I don't think so. And that's despite having the most interesting character of all (to me) appearing all too briefly. Perhaps that person's (no spoilers here!) story is told elsewhere in the series. If so, I wouldn't mind reading that! But this one? Thanks, but no. BUT, this personal negativity doesn't mean that this is a bad book. I am sure NR has her faithful readers who enjoy her work and I'm sure my three stars rating won't cause her too much worry!
on 6 May 2013
I have read this before in paperback and enjoyed it. I purchased a Kindle a few years ago and have been buying (or re-buying) some of Nora Roberts books and am glad to see the MacGregor's now available on Kindle. This way I can re-read when I want without the storage problems.
on 23 October 2014
I wish Norah Roberts would take a break from writing. My friend has become a positive fan, and throughout many long and complicated operations she has always insisted on having Norah's books to recuperate. My fault though as I suggested she read a second hand copy I found on a charity book stall. My friend is still reading every one of her books I can find for her. She a dedicated fan now and keeps me looking for new titles all the time. Thanks to Norah Roberts for helping in her recovery.
on 19 January 2016
This book is a bit similar to the second book. It was a bit predictable and slightly boring at times. Took a while to get into it. In my opinion it was not as good as the first two books which I really enjoyed, shame really 😕
on 11 September 2015
Loved this series the first time around. Lovely to meet the characters through reading them again without having to lug a book around with me.
on 22 December 2014
I enjoyed the first two books in this collection but I haven't actually finished this one there was no story to it really!!!!
on 3 April 2014
Nora Roberts writes books you don't wish to put the book down, and you feel you are taking part.in storey
on 18 August 2015
All MacGregor's books are excellent
Thank-you
on 29 September 2015
All McGregor stories have been very good
on 24 April 2015
Love reading Nora Roberts........:-)