on 5 February 2012
This book is an excellent source for the Beatrix Potter toys from her tales, hence the title. It has full sized patterns for each of the toys, with the edition of their furniture. OK if you like woodwork as well, which I can't and don't do! I think that it would suit from beginners to experienced toy makers. It's given me pleasure to be able to make these toys again for other children(and grown ups as well). I am also making Alice in Wonderland and Mad Hatter Toys from another Margaret Hutchings book.
on 3 April 2013
Some are vey complex to complete . The templates are within the book are good however the instructions may be slightly difficult to follow for a novice .
A good addition to a craft library of books, good to dip into for ideas,
on 4 December 2010
I was a little disappointed in this book. The quality of toy patterns has increased dramatically, and I had hoped for a better interpretation of Beatrix Potter's animal characters.
I found the patterns fairly primitive in their executions, especially the rabbit , and had I realised that, I would probably not have purchased.
The author's book on Toys from Alice and Wonderland was far better, with exceptional interpretations of the characters. I had thought that this book was similar, but was disappointed.
on 3 September 2017
This is a fab find. Has 2 sections. 1st is the toy making. 2nd is the most fabulous bit with instructions to make real miniature baskets, wheelbarrows etc. Magical.
Book in great condition & delivered quickly.
on 18 May 2017
Bought this book to make a Peter Rabbit. Fantastic, easy to follow instructions with full size patterns. Love it.
review image
on 18 April 2013
A nice book to have and I`m sure i will use some of the designs just not with the old fashioned patterns in this book
on 29 June 2009
This book is a great book from the 70's which shows how to make Beatrix Potter characters which are very faithful to the book's illustrations. Their clothes are also detailed, as well as little baskets to weave. So three crafts are covered in the book, which is well written and charming. I'm so glad I found a copy!
on 28 May 2014
It's a lovely book and for the price i had to pay in a very nice condition.
Good service for this
on 26 April 2014
Very nice book, not only to make the toys . I do not know sewing, but I'll try to realize some of the characters. Great seller The book is in excellent condition and it arrived very quickly.
on 13 February 2017
Absolutely beautiful book. In very good condition. Beautifully illustrated & so many full size sewing patterns for Peter & all his friends. I'm delighted with it. Thank you.