on 8 February 2018
A seminal work in the true meaning of the word(s). It's easy to forget how radical this stuff was at the time, it now seems so obvious. I note that this edition apologises for the omission of the lengthy section in the original edition covering the work of Venturi and Rauch. No great loss in my view; a case of "do as I say, not as I do".
on 16 January 2018
This book helped me a LOT with my dissertation, I love it, it had a lot of very interesting points which helped me pass my degree. The writing is a bit stumbly but the information is there. I still re-read it once in a while even though I graduated about four years ago :)
on 31 August 2017
Classic read
on 3 December 2017
fantastic book ! arrived on time
on 27 August 2014
Written by academics for other academics. Not for the layman.
on 3 November 2011
This is a book that every architect or person who is interested in architecture should have in his library!!!it is a book I read about a lot as a student in architecture.I hope that in the future it could be translated into greek as well
on 24 February 2007
Currently writing my final year architecture thesis on symbolism, and this book has come in great use!

Its orientation around vegas is easily related to other symbolism!

Its a must read if your on the plane to vegas! It doesnt revolve completely around architecture I would recommend anyone who plans to visit! Also great illustrations and lots of pictures!
on 9 January 2012
Really enjoyed this book,was in great condition and arrived promptly.really interesting read and images also very varied worth picking up!
on 14 January 2015
Purchased as a gift and arrived on time. Happy buyer. Many thanks.