on 12 January 2011
I bought this for myself many years ago and again more recently for some of my students (they're Spanish). They all loved it. While some words or expressions don't seem to make sense, aren't translated properly or aren't really used (all of these could be because of the region where I live or where the person who did it comes from) ... the rest of the stuff is great and makes you laugh. Don't buy it if you're easily offended ... this is a dictionary of swear words and slang after all.
on 6 December 2013
This is a great book for anyone learning Spanish. The reality is we don't all speak Oxford English and neither do the spaniards :) understand the colourful curses of our Spanish friends.
on 12 August 2014
Lost track of how many of these books I have purchased for friends, especially Spanish friends who are amazed at the accuracy and find it absolutely hilarious!
on 3 February 2012
Don' buy this if you are easily offended. Some of the language is quite strong ,but useful if you need to swear in Spanish!
on 15 July 2007
Even though it's conceivable that a book that focused on Spanish slang from all hispanic countries would be enormous, I find this book inadequate. The slang that it contains only makes sense to a spaniard - I have friends from Latin American and I tried using some of this stuff on them and they didn't have the slightest what I was saying.

Even the English translations are obscure if you are not fully versed in the British slang vernacular. My impression is that this book is only for the truly crass British tourists holidaying on the Costa Del Sol. Avoid and find a better source.