on 31 July 2017
Heck, this brought back so many memories!
In my 'O' level years (1971-73) this was a compulsory book on our English Language course, and whilst I was always going to end up going down a more science based set of 'A' levels I must say that this little book introduced me to poems whose images have stuck with me for a lifetime.
A wonderful introduction to intelligible poetry.
on 10 March 2012
This is a book I had to study for my 'O' Levels back in the days of Beatlemania. The poems are varied and I loved seeing them all again. It really is a good selection of 20th Century Poets. I can't believe the silly money price I paid, bargain of the year.
on 22 May 2009
After searching for 44 years throughout second-hand book shops in Britain, I have eventually found this treasure that I had always remembered from school days.

The book arrived in very good condition, very quickly and for a very minimal amount of money!!

Ten Twentieth Century Poets is the most wonderful reminder of days gone by. I would certainly recommend the seller for his prompt service and first rate comments on the condition.
on 24 May 2014
I studied this book for a school exam around 1965 and loved the poems. I bought a copy but, over the intervening years I am not sure what happened but, when I last looked for it I could not find it.
Because of its age I never thought of looking on Amazon.
The book was well used possibly as a school study book in average condition but, that was of no concern to me it was the contents I was interested in.
This volume has a good and varied collection of poems and styles it is easy and pleasurable to read if you enjoy poetry plus for me it has a great nostalgia factor.
It’s out of print so this is the only way to get a copy it’s also old so don’t expect great condition unless you’re willing to pay a premium.
Whilst this sort of thing is always reliant to the readers tastes personally I would highly recommend it
on 28 October 2014
I've bought this book many times because people keep borrowing and not returning it. This one is even the very edition I studied at school in 1962 and I've loved these ten poets ever since. Great to have it again.
on 16 September 2010
A good selection of the ten best of twentieth century poets, with biographies, and well written in-depth notes discussing the various works, and the literary era.
on 25 January 2014
I was pleased to get the book because I love the poems in it but it has hand-written notes throughout which are distracting. If I had known they were there I wouldn't have bought this copy.
on 17 August 2014