I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 May 2017
Genuinely one of the greatest autobiographies you'll ever read. It is about 330 pages and I finished it in 4 sittings, I was that captivated by his story. It reads very easily and has a British-style language, using words like "blimey" and "bloody".

For those who think he is this big ego, you soon become to see that it's just a persona Zlatan developed, that he is indeed a nice guy that just has a fighting, free spirit.

What you take away from this story is you may have had a childhood lacking in physical items (foods, nice clothes, etc.) but a determination to find and follow your joys can lead to great things. Zlatan led his life his way, he was always true to himself, even in situations when most would have yielded and skulked out of the door with their head down and shoulders hunched. He went against the status quo because he had a belief in his own abilities.

That in itself is the overriding theme I took from this book. As he says - Listen; Don't Listen. Believe in yourself.
on 2 January 2017
If your at all curious about Zlatan then buy this book you will love it. I have found it so addictive to read I have barely been able to think about anything else. It is really well written, you can imagine the words coming out of Zlatan's mouth. I really enjoyed hearing his thoughts on other major names in the game, in particular around Pep and Jose considering his current situation in Manchester. I also found it quite inspiring and like the underlying message of believing in yourself even if you feel different from those around, stay true to yourself and don't be afraid to express your individuality. Not to mention the hard work, mental toughness and determination. I really hope we get an updated version after he finishes up at Man Utd, I'll be the first on the queue to buy that one. Hopefully it'll be full of stories of getting revenge over Pep. ;-)
on 7 January 2018
The man certainly has an ego which you either love or hate. Whichever way you swing on that debate, there can be no denying that this a thoroughly entertaining book and far from the norm of these bland footballers bio's. Usually I do not touch current players books as they are void of anything interesting or controversy but this packs it all. Was very interesting to get an insight into his time spent at Barcelona and the fallout with Pep. A brilliant, fun read that any football fan will surely enjoy.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 April 2017
This was bought as a birthday present for my son. He's not usually an avid reader, but loves Zlatan and he's told me a few times that he absolutely loves this book. I've not yet read it myself but judging by his reaction, it's certainly one of the best presents I've bought him in recent years.
on 3 July 2017
Written in a style that any Zlatan fan will appreciate. Gives a unique insight into why the man behaves the way he is and highlights his side of many of those infamous stories.

Easy to read, brilliantly written and fun for any Zlat-fan.
on 30 March 2015
Best football bio I've read.I'm not a great one for footballers'books but this is really great fun and a really enjoyable read.
Ibrahim is a real character and actually has something to say.At times it reads like the Great Rock and Roll Swindle when he and his agent are doing deals with clubs such as Inter Milan and Barcelona.
He's always adroit and I highly recommend to anyone with a sense of humor and perspective.
on 20 April 2017
I'd give this five stars for inspiration. It's worth reading for Zlatan's wonderful story. It loses two stars for what sounded like a translation into a voice that didn't belong to the player at all. Honestly, the use of "bloody hell" and "geezer" was far too much, and it instantly took me out of the the story at times.
on 1 May 2014
Excellent read Funny and interesting Some strong opinions about personalities within the game.Very enlightening.A very good read that keeps you laughing at his wicked put downs of people he has crossed swords with during his time in the game
on 9 February 2017
I rarely write reviews but this was a very entertaining read. Funny, engaging and real insight into Zlatan. I finished the book in 2 days! I caught the Zlatan fever when I followed his accomplishments in Italy and the guys just oozes charisma and personality. There's some strong opinions in the book and it's such an easy, enthralling read
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 August 2017
Bought it for my wife who adores Zlatan. She is a few chapters in and says that it's fantastic, describing his rise from a difficult childhood to becoming a living legend ?????!!!!!