Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 August 2010
I love this book. It is full of humour and humanity. The darker themes make their point but in the end love and the sheer wonder of life prevail. And the dog is brilliant - a stroke of genius that brings the whole story together.
on 29 July 2011
I found the book easy to keep reading as I was intrigued. not as good as a brief history of tractors, but still not bad. Ending was a bit lazy I felt but as a result, it was a surprise. So, well done.
on 20 August 2010
I agree with some other reviewers who said they couldn't wait to finish this book - for all the wrong reasons ! Very disappointing, tedious & irritating to read.
on 13 June 2012
what a book great read gives you a insight in to lifes of so many people very moving yet funny and romantic in so many ways
very enjoyable looking foward to reading more by same writer
on 25 August 2013
Although a little unsure as to this book at the start I found myself laughing most of the way through it....unbelieveable and yet it just has to be based on true facts....loved it.
on 4 May 2009
Perfecto- I rated this product incorrectly, tried to edit it, but did not have the option to change my mistake. 5 STAR rating. Perfect.
on 29 January 2014
Much better than Tractors in the Ukraine. Hilarious, tragic, brilliant, especially Dog.
Not even slightly preachy but anyone who cares about immigration should read it.
on 22 July 2013
Arrived in very good time, but the front cover was noticeably damaged with a tear when the description suggested that although read, the condition of the book was very good.
on 30 August 2014
This is the third book I've read by this author, I really enjoyed it, so funny. The description of characters and places is very evocative. I will miss the people.
on 15 April 2009
An interesting insight into the lives of economic migrants expressed in an amusing but thought provoking manner.