Customer reviews

1,115
Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 May 2014
Mariette Carrera is the daughter of Belle and Etienne. After putting her reputation in her small New Zealand town in danger. Belle and Etienne decided to send her to England. Mari starts to enjoy her time there but soon war is declared and Mari is stuck for the duration of the war. The war continues and the losses mounts Mari grows up and become the woman that she has always meant to be.
"Survivor" by Lesley Pearse is the best book in the "Belle" series. I really loved the character and the book itself so much that I finished it in three days. While you don't need to read the first two books in the series it does help. I can't wait to read more books by Ms. Pearse.
on 28 April 2017
I've read all of Lesley`s book and get such joy still from reading her stories. I find it hard to put them down always saying just one more chapter. And it was the same with this book I loved the story of Belle so how wonderful to get to read about her family years down the line and follow her daughter on her life changing adventure. I just can't get enough. Mari is a true Survivor just like her mother
on 15 July 2017
Last in a trio of books from my all time favourite author. Lesley's books engulf and enthrall the reader so that they imagine they're living the life of the central character. I've "lived" many lives throughout the years through Lesley's books without leaving the house. A wonderful way to use your imagination. After every new book I look forward to the next.......
on 13 June 2017
Loved the trilogy Belle books, amazing stories so well wrotten amd captivating, all her books keep getting better, i cant say they are doing me any good though, when ever i get a spare minute i am glued, my partner and my boss have told me off a few times. 😁
I have read and enjoyed all L.P's books, all different but thoroughly good reads.

Even though this is a stand alone novel in my opinion I think it is better if all three are read in order as they give you so much more insight into the lives of everybody in the book.

Couldn't put it down as always with Lesley's books, looking forward to her next.
on 18 July 2017
Really loving this book, a little over a third of the way through. Will be delaying going to the end. It is a nice follow on from book one and two. Very easy to link up the characters so far. would highly recommend this read after 'Belle' and 'The Promise'.
on 8 June 2017
Prompt delivery thank you!
on 7 February 2015
Once started to read couldn't stop. I'm from London's east end and so could picture the things that happened there in the war.
Loved the book, and recommend it.
on 1 June 2017
I was totally addicted and couldn't put it down, I can't wait to read my next Lesley Pearce book I love them.
on 19 February 2014
Fantastic read!!! I've read all LPs books and never have been let down by them ! I love how this book follows on from the previous two excellent excellent story :-)