Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 April 2017
Brilliant story
on 25 June 2013
As I've said before, I enjoy all of Alliott's books. This one is different in that it has some darker episodes in it, making it all the more realistic. Not quite as many smiles and laughs, but they're still there and as usual you're kept guessing how it will end.
I think Alliott is a really good writer and would recommend any of her books (to me, she's on a par with Wendy Holden). If you want only the lighter atmosphere go for 'A Crowded Marriage' or probably any of the others, but if you don't mind empathising with the harder things like coping with a loved one who has dementia, then go for this one. It's not all darkness and there is much to smile at and sometimes just have a good laugh.
on 17 October 2013
Having read the majority of CA books, i would say this one is one of her best, along with old girl network and the wedding day.
Very well written, good characters and plot line, quite guessable but thats not a bad thing as i like to be proved right!! Im pleased with the ending, it was the right thing to do. Not all of CA's booked end how you think they will so i was pleased that this ended as i hoped!!
on 4 February 2013
This book has had me in fits of laughter. Would totally recommend this book. However it didn't take long to read, yes that good but I thought the ending was a little weak, but still a good book. Def 5 stars but I wouldn't expect anything else from Catherine Alliot, I have yet to find a book I didn't like :-D
on 21 May 2013
I enjoy Catherine Alliott's writing. It is easy to read. I thought it was going to be a predictable ending but wasn't sure. Maybe others would think it is predictable but I enjoyed it anyway. It was just a shame when it came to an end.
on 14 August 2016
Catherine Alliott has become one of my favorite authors. I love her story line and her characters are so complicated and yet easily recognized as just common folk. Loads of twists and turns in her stories to keep you guessing.
on 16 May 2014
This was a brilliant book that I just could not put down. Catherine Alliott has become a firm favourite of mine. Taking my comments into account you will understand why I gave 5 stars for this review.
on 5 March 2016
This is the first book I have read by this author, I found it a little difficult to get in to at first but I enjoyed it eventually. I will certainly try other books by the author in the future.
on 26 September 2013
Lovely book, enjoyed, this book as I have read several others of this author and enjoyed her style, a funny read with some heart warming bits in the story, good to sit and read and escape...
on 24 June 2013
I love Catherine Alliott's books and have always found them a good read. This one not quite as much as some
of her others, but would read again, and would recommend.