A Crowded Marriage
Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 October 2017
Very funny book. Laughed out loud ! One of her best
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
very good enjoyed it a lot
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 March 2007
What more can I say, having read all of Alliotts previous work, I did work out what was going on about half way through. But the laughs kept me reading. Knicker wettingly funny!

As a previous reviewer wrote, "very much like the old girl network!"

Love it, wish she would write more frequently!!!

Keep it up.
on 26 August 2007
I was bought this book as a birthday present. Having spent a couple of years reading historical fiction, Sebastian Faulks and others, I was reluctant to give it a go. However, I took it away with me on holiday and I can honestly say that it is the first book in years that I have read so quickly! It is very funny and laugh out loud in parts. The main character does some very cringeworthy things and it's easy to end up sympathising with her. The author makes you feel as if you know all the characters in the book. I now want to read her other books!
on 26 October 2006
Another brilliant book from Catherine Alliott which was full of laughs all the way through - brill!
on 5 October 2006
Brilliant! this is Catherine Alliott back on form, i have read all her books and enjoyed them all but found the last one Not That Kind of Girl to be not up to her usual high standard. A Crowded Marriage is hugely funny with many laugh out loud moments very like The Old girl Network and Rosie Meadows Regrets which i wholeheartedly recommend to anyone wanting a fun lighthearted read having just finished this one i'm having trouble trying to get the grin off my face !
on 6 November 2006
This is the first Catherine Alliott book which I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.... read it from cover to cover in less than 2 days!

Normally I can guess what is about to happen in a book, but with this there were numerous twisted plots that I just never saw coming... genious!
on 3 August 2007
I picked this book up at the hotel we were staying at this summer in Italy (you know where you leave books for others to read that you have finished with) Really glad I did, couldn't put it down once I started. Thoroughly enjoyed it, not usually into 'chick-lit' but will now read more of Alliott's work. Lots of funny bits, some cringing 'Bridget Jones' moments too, can people really be that stupid? I thought the ending was a bit cliché, but all-in-all a good summer read!
on 24 May 2007
Bought this book and had it on my shelf for 6months before i forced my self to read it and im so glad i did! The synopsis did this book no favors.. It was a lovely, funny and easy read with a plot that i never saw coming ( maybe im just a little slow) The ending could have better but all in all i would highly recommend this book :)
on 8 August 2008
I was given the earlier Alliott books by a friend who raved about them. Unfortunately I didn't feel the same. I found her earlier characters either morons or really irritating however, what an absolute delight A Crowded Marriage is. I loved every one of the characters, I loved the setting of the country village, I loved the whole working of the book. I'm rather difficult to please when it comes to humour in books but I have to say this really made me laugh out loud many, many times. I smiled through the whole book. OK so there aren't twists and turns at every corner but do you really want that if you're looking for lighthearted entertainment. I strongly recommend this book if you're looking for something to lift your spirits.