Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 March 2014
Definately a classic that I will read again.Some intriguing philosophies, though I would have liked a bit more coverage of some of the supporting characters..
on 13 May 2014
Second time I've read this. First was paperback, back in the day... Absolutely love the author's use of language. The book is full of mind blowing scenarios.
on 21 September 2014
Great book! Interesting fusion of cyberpunk and historical references, with a rich and vivid world. Fans of Stephenson's work won't be disappointed.
on 7 October 2016
A superb philosophical work mixed with post-cyberpunk fantasy. A must read for fans of Snow Crash and Gibson's Sprawl trilogy.
on 1 July 2014
Loved the nano tech and mash up of historical and cultural groups. A fully realised world that was a delight to live in.
on 24 July 2006
I bought this book to fill a gap between orders arriving and I really enjoyed it. I was a bit nervous it wouldn't satsify me after spending a couple of weeks reading some Phillip K Dick books but it gave me a good few days read and a few more days thought too.

I'd call it intelligent cyberpunk and I feel a little bit more clever after reading it.
on 19 December 2014
This is a fascinating work, and well up to the usual NS standard.
As always, prepare to be amazed and engaged.
on 15 June 2002
Whilst I was at university, one of my lecturers gave me a list of novels entitled 'Books that will change your life'.
Diamond Age was one of those books. It is definitely the best book I've ever read and for the past five years I have been recommending it to people as a 'must read'.
I think about twenty people have now read Diamond Age on my recommendation & only one person hasn't loved it.
The only thing I'm left wondering is why Stephenson's work is always in the Sci-Fi section - in my opinion it has a FAR wider audience than that.
Just read it!
on 17 April 2016
Very well realised people, huge range of stories and characters inside this world. Masterpiece.
on 14 February 2016
A very good book spoiled by multiple stupid typography errors on Kindle.