Customer reviews

Snow Crash
Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 June 2017
The beginning of this book has some of the most relentless and funny SF action I have ever read.Phrases from it have entered my vocabulary.It's a brilliant,believable future full of 3 dimensional characters who stick in your mind and I don't want to say why because of spoilers.I'm so glad to get an E version as I've nearly worn out my pb copy.
on 26 June 2017
The book was a relatively interesting read although the ancient idea that serves as the basis of the story was a bit confusing and boring at times. I found the storytelling a bit disjointed & sometimes not quite flowing, but it was still a reasonably entertaining book. I would consider reading other works by this author but I will not be recommending Snow Crash to friends. In my personal opinion, I thought Ready Player One & Altered Carbon to be better stories to this.
on 1 July 2017
Cyberpunk and sci-fi readers who haven't read this are missing out. Should appeal to fans of the genre, its funny, witty, absurd, intelligent and absolutely cram packed with some of the most outlandish imagery from a true literary genius. Diamond Age is marginally better as the story is more full realized, but this is a blast to read if you enjoy the style! Buy it at your nearest Buy 'n' Fly, and grab a pizza to go!
on 10 May 2017
The only bummer to this futuristic tribute (with the backwards appreciation to Sumner) is that it's too short! You won't regret getting this if you like a clever spin on tech.
on 30 October 2017
A fantastic book which has until recently has been very hard to find. As a 'primer' on cyber space/avatars it is second only to Neuromancer. I read it just as I got into computing and it was invaluable. I am particularly happy at downloading it from t'internet.
on 27 April 2017
Great book
on 11 April 2013
Its a real Marmite book. You either like it or hate it...or even understand it or not!

I found it intriguing but quite a hard read. All but one of my book group gave up on it.
on 24 July 2017
Another great read and recommended.
on 18 July 2017
Brilliant book but superbly well read
on 20 September 2017