Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 January 2011
I loved this book. I especially loved relating it to the game. I would recommend this book to anyone, especially teenagers, as i am one myself, even if they had never played the game before.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 November 2015
Having read Assassin's Creed: Revelations last week, I immediately moved on to the second book in the series, Brotherhood. This immediately picks off where the last book ended, so I would strongly recommend reading it as the second part of the series. Very little time is wasted on recap; so to get the full picture you already need to know what's happened and who the characters are.

For me that was excellent, as I don't like spending time re-reading information in series if possible. We get straight into the action, as we follow Ezio, in the Italian Renaissance, as he continues to lead his organization, the Assassin's in the fight against the Borgia family and their allies - the Templars. The majority of the book takes part in Rome, a city I know well, and I love thinking about what it would have been like during this time period. With the addition of many simple Italian phrases, and actual historical figures from that timeline (with a fair bit of fictional liberty taken of course), it has a lot of atmosphere.

Ezio is also grappling with the mysterious Apple; a technology from a powerful people left to him, and once again I enjoyed the dash of fantasy/sci-fi with my historical action romp.

I have played most of the games; but this book continues in the vein of the first, far exceeding the book for action, storytelling and character development - everything really! Very enjoyable, although it was a fairly simple plot that didn't deviate much from the first book, looking forward to the third in the series as I think it'll be a bit different from here - can't say more, don't want to spoil anything!
on 22 April 2014
Having read the first in the Oliver Bowden AC series of books, I had to buy the next and I was not disappointed. Having only played 1 Assassin's Creed game, this book was completely new to me, yet I felt like I was truly living in it. Could not put it down, fantastic read, would recommend to all Assassin's Creed fans.
on 4 June 2013
I bought the book as I am a huge Assassins Creed fan. I found this to be a good read. It is just like the game but filling in the blanks. The only draw backs I had, was I felt it was written for the younger generation. The writing was basic and not very thought provoking. I felt it was worth a read but, I call it a travel book because its the sort of book you would buy for a long journey. 7/10
on 30 April 2015
This book is a Nice addition to the assassins creed mythology, it's easy to read and not challenging.
The characters are easy to like ans the author writes in such a way that makes u want continue reading
on 9 February 2013
My son is an assassins creed addict, thought the book might be a good bed for spare xmas presents for relatives to give him.... He loves them and is already onto the next. He says they are a good compliment to the game and give more info and background. If you are fed up of your teenager sitting in front of the games, get them the book ... Even the school approves of this one
on 18 February 2015
I have read AC Forsaken on kindle and I loved it. I've also played the game of Brotherhood and wanted to see how well it resembled the game.

The book was constantly changing from scene to scene and the Gore and battles and constant fighting was great

I love this book and intend to read them all.

Well done Oliver Bowden, you've done it again 9 1/2 / 10
on 13 July 2011
Stunning characterisation and brilliantly plotted and paced - this one is even better than Renaissance, with an older, more assured, more complicated Ezio confronting even deadlier villains than before. One looks forward impatiently to the next Ezio adventure, which, by the looks of things, promises to be an even better adventure than this one - if such a thing is possible!
on 18 November 2011
My son will be 16 at Christmas so what do you buy a teenage boy. Always loved the graphics on these games and seem to lose him for hours so hope he finds them as interesting a read. Arrived within days of having ordered and excellent condition. Thankyou.
on 25 February 2011
I enjoyed the first book and it started to get good towards the end of that book....but since picking up AC BROTHERHOOD I cant put it down! probably one of the best books ive read!....A must have if you love the games!