Customer reviews

Belle (Belle 1)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 August 2017
I have enjoyed reading this book, for a young girl, to go through so much in especially in other countries. Makes tense reading, I wanted to read all night long because I could not wait to see what happened. I have Ali's started reading the second book, which I am enjoying, thinking of the First World War and all that went on makes the book more enjoyable.
on 22 August 2017
The best series of books i have ever read! Belle is a fantastic read, you get sucked right in from the start, the history is so interesting and spot on, the way Lesley describes scenery etc is brilliant. I couldnt put this story down for long and ended up reading the whole 3 books in a week! Its a very sad story of what Belle has to go through in her early stages of life, and you wonder how she carries on, but she does and its a lovely ending.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 April 2012
When reading this book I didn't realize there was going to be a follow up, so now that its been realised I would purchase them together if I were you. The Promise is book 2.

Belle was brought up by the housekeeper, her mother was a lady of the night, she ran the brothel where Belle was brought up out of sight of the goings on in the house. She later learnt of reasons why the many men came and went.

I won't tell you all of it as its an amazing ride, both for her and her housekeeper, will keep you well entertained when reading this.

Well written as always and well told. Belle is a real person isn't she? she seemed real to me.
on 5 July 2017
Loved this book. It's very graphic in places but a great story line. Can't wait to read the next one just about to buy it on my kindle.
on 22 August 2017
Enjoyed the book immensely and have since read the other two in the trilogy. Hope to read all Lesley Pearse's books now. I recommend her.
on 11 June 2017
Loved this book but had given my copy away. I wanted to get another to give to a friend. Arrived as promised in almost perfect condition
on 23 September 2017
I bought the book for my wife's sister. And she looking forward to reading it.
on 25 September 2017
Sorry but not finished yet, it's intriguing so far, but not gripping
on 20 October 2017
I loved this book. Kept me intrigued about what was going to happen next. I am going to read the next two as I want to know what else happens in Belle's life
on 2 October 2015
Sounds like true story with lots of facts and periods event at the same time. I was so engrossed with it I couldn't put the book down well written novel.