Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 August 2013
The Crumpet recipe is the best I've tried...and I've tried alot! The pea and mint fritters are a triumph! The recipes are interesting and varied, not complicated and the writing style is easy going...a keeper for the collector of cookery books!
on 7 May 2013
This isn't just a recipe book - its a sort of 'bible' for those who, like me, enjoy entertaining but always end up in a state of complete chaos 10minutes before the guests arrive. That said, the recipes look fantastic (haven't tried any yet, as I only got my copy this morning, but I can't wait to get cracking). I'm a fan of Felicity's column so probably should declare an interest, but her prose is beautiful to read, whether she is simply describing how to beat an egg, or gentling bidding the reader that preparation is key to success.
Big thumbs up from me - over a hundred recipes and lots of good advice.
on 7 May 2015
A properly beautiful and inspiring book. The sort of thing you can sit down and read for hours while you're feeling seriously tempted. Practical too, which matters to me. Worth every penny.
on 1 April 2016
After buying perfect and perfect 2, I gave away all of my other recipe books. These are the only two I'll ever need. They are brilliantly executed; a delight to read and to use
on 20 November 2015
bought as a gift for someone who is a fan of Felicity Cloake writing in the Guardian - was very well received!
on 18 January 2015
Great book with so many good tips for entertaining. Pretty to look at too!
on 28 October 2015
not an inspiring selection. Perfect 2 is better executed.
on 18 March 2015
Super book,well written,witty and informative.
on 1 August 2015
GOOD BOOK FOR entertaining and ideas.