on 6 April 2017
Nice book
on 3 January 2015
Grandaughter can follow spider web with this story. Good buy.
on 15 October 2005
My 9 month old son has just discovered this and absolutely loves it. We have been reading the Very Hungry Caterpillar but he much prefers this (and I much prefer reading it to him). The text is very simple but not boring to read as there are different animal sounds on each page and a gentle twist at the end when the owl comes at night and the spider has fallen fast asleep. It is just the right length for him at this age as it holds his attention right to the end.
on 18 January 2001
I read this story to my 8 month old little girl and it is now her favourite. The animals are beautifully illustrated and the story is short enough to keep her attention. The tactile feel of the web means that she gets involved with the reading of the story. We all love it, espically as it keeps the tears away at cranky times of the day. Thank you Eric!!
on 1 February 2009
The book has many farm yard animals beautifully illustrated, who try and make friends with the very busy spider so lots of opportunity for animal noises, and a chance to name the animals. The slightly raised web and pesty fly adds another dimension and encourages children to feel the page as the web grows. Our13month old loves it and the size & board pages make it easy for him to handle.
on 7 August 2008
I like the Hungry Caterpiller but this is even better. I've read it to my 6 month yr old daughter, mainly due to the variety of animal characters. Def one to buy!
on 10 January 2011
Just wanted to share my views on this one. My little boys grandad brought this book for my son who is mad about spiders and bugs of all descriptions. It is very well written and easy to follow. Each page has a spiders web/thread which is slightly raised and also a fly whih is also slightly raised so the children can follow it with their fingers. I have twins who are both nearly two now and they both love to sit and look at the the pictures and follow along. Good for getting to know that names of other animals also. One of my favourite books to read at the moment.
on 5 September 2011
Both my 17 month and 3 year grandsons love this book, as you can feel the web being spun by the spider throughout this book,from start to finish. Such a fantastic little book, that is very touchy-feely so a delight for them to pick up. You won't be disappointed!
on 30 April 2008
My son loves naming and doing each animal noise as we read the story. He also loves the spider and feeling the web that it spins, as well as the buzzing fly. Beautifully illustrated.
on 22 November 2015
We jokingly call this a great introduction to the Protestant work ethic for toddlers, as the spider says no to all its friends to continue working and is finally rewarded with dinner and a good night's sleep. It's a lovely simple tale that small children can follow and the illustrations are simple and colourful.