on 10 November 2012
This is a book written by an enthusiast for enthusiasts. What Douglas Spotted Eagle doesn't know about the Sony software isn't worth knowing. This is a logical, very detailed book with plenty of screenshots and covers the whole video-editing workflow. Unlike many similar books, it also covers the encoding process very thoroughly, so that you can get the best output for any kind of media. Highly recommended.

However when I saw that the package was to be delivered by Yodel, my heart sank as I knew from previous experience that their tracking data is a joke and they are past masters at losing parcels. My apprehension was fully justified and I had to get Amazon to send me a second copy by Royal Mail. The Yodel copy never did arrive.
I wish Amazon woulds take note of all the negative comments and stop using this courier.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 August 2014
I bought this to help me understand better how to use Vegas Movie Studio (the non-professional version of this software). The instruction manuals supplied with the software give detailed descriptions of what aspects of the program do, but are rather vague in how to actually use the software.
I would not recommend the book because the vast majority of home video makers would find that vast swathes of the book would be of limited interest.
on 17 February 2013
This is a well written and moderately comprehensive book, of great value to new users for sure and there seems plenty of meat for others who might want to brush up their skills and see what they have forgotten or uncover new tips to speed up their workflow.

The only downside for me as a Kindle buyer - I find the Kindle great for working with these types of tutorial books where you can work alongside the text - is that there is no DVD. Well obviously there would be no DVD with a downloaded product but the files mentioned could quite easily be uploaded by the publisher for download. It is rather annoying not to be able to get ones hands dirty using the files that are included with the book especially as the prices are similar between the physical and digital versions.
on 29 May 2012
Another excellent book (and disc) by Douglas Spotted Eagle. Easy to follow and walks you through Sony Vegas Pro v11. Master this excellent software - also available from Amazon - and create some stunning Sony Vegas Pro 11 (PC) videos and DVDs.
One person found this helpful
on 27 May 2014
Great book for starting out in Sony Vegas Pro and Movie Studio. Douglas Spotted Eagle also has great videos on VASST for all things Sony Vegas!
on 24 October 2014
A Great start for getting to grips with Vegas Pro plus a handy reference while I'm using it.
on 21 May 2013
Sony Vegas out of the box was virtually unusable and I wasn't making much progress before I bought this book. Now producing good video. Wasn't easy though
on 8 August 2012
I am an old man returning to making videos from a variety of sources from mm film to an expensive digital HD camcorder bought last year.

Need understandable help on a new fast high capacity machine to make Blu-ray disks.

Includes on screen tutorials, very good and sensible. Contrast to some rubbish arty farty oddball rubbish on the web, why would anybody want titles and background noises passed of as 'music' when they have a lifetime of images of family and travels?
3 people found this helpful