Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 February 2012
Well as the title of the book claims its about 3ds Max Modelling for Games, I readily bought this book having been impressed by volume 1 in the series by the same author. To my disbelief when I finally got it and opened this book, I saw that the greater part of the book's modelling tutorials are done using Maya. This left me feeling cheated somehow and incredibly annoyed as I wanted to learn how to do such stylized modelling using 3ds Studio Max and not using Maya! This then will force those of us not familiar with Maya to download its trial version and try to complete the tutorials under pressure in the time period OR adapt each tutorial to 3ds Max which is what the book is supposed to be using in the first place! This is not as straightforward/quick as it might seem, as the products have a different GUI/ look and feel! However as a 'compensation' I guess for not teaching you in the product you'd expect from the title, the book does devote a section on how to model the same character in.....ZBrush! Annoying!
on 18 April 2013
This book is aimed more at Maya and Zbrush rather than 3ds max, Which I wouldn't mind but it specifically says 3ds Max.
on 13 November 2015
Should be retitled MAYA Modelling for games.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2012
I just look through the book and I am really excited. But first I have to finish another book I bought. I will come with another review after I finish the book. everything is there. it just need self desire for study and ambition. It is an endless field to study.
on 2 February 2015