on 15 December 2011
Now listen very carefully....I will say this only once...
This book, by the Meyers, is the only one you will ever need. It is so comprehensive and is an instructional book, a follow-it book and a reference for anything After Effects. At 752 pages you will find what you want in there somewhere, so buy it whilst the price is so reasonable. I bought it when it was first published and it has been my constant companion ever since.
on 28 October 2010
great breadth and depth good for beginners and as a reference tool for advanced users
on 8 February 2013
This is a great book and has useful tutorials. I find though the artistic approach of the motion graphics a bit outdated. The design of motion graphics has very low aesthetics. But it is very good to technically improve your skills.
on 13 February 2015
bought this book on the kindle. the Book itself is good, but is based a series of tutorials, which in the paperback version you get a CD with the demo files on. On the kindlestore you email the publishers with proof of purchase and they are supposed to send you a web address and an access code . So far I have not had a response to my two emails. very dissapointing I am thinking of asking Amazon for my money back.
on 7 June 2011
I have only just started to use this book, but already I can see that it is well written and easy to follow. I have been using After Effects for a few years, but have not made use of all of the features and have not always understood some of the techniques fully that I have been using. I would recommend it both to first time users of AE and for more experience users.
on 14 May 2015
You'll need to dedicate some time to this book but if you do you will be able to say 'Yeah I can do After Effects'. Very good intro and intermediate level lessons. Indispensable.
on 9 October 2011
Excelente material para el aprendizaje de After Effects, todo muy claro y al final aprendes desde lo básico a técnicas más avanzadas. Muy recomendable.
on 7 March 2011
Great book - have learnt and ( and will) learn much. Will recommend for for all beginners and intermediate CS5 After Efects
on 19 November 2013
This is a massive book, and to start with I found it very difficult to follow, as it uses a lot of jargon and keeps referring forward to later chapters. Then one reaches a point where suddenly all the basics become (fairly) clear, and the book makes much more sense. I then found that I could dip into chapters at will.
There is so much to learn, this is hardly a criticism of the authors, but it is daunting. If you want a book that covers just about everything in AE, this has to be the one. It gets easier to read as you become more familiar with the software. Persevere!
I found supplementing it with some of the free tutorials on YouTube helped enormously with trickier effects.
Perhaps I should have started with a basic tutor from scratch, but then I reckon I would have bought this book eventually anyway.