on 8 January 2003
As a New Media Designer who occasionally invests good money in a book, for me there is always a feeling of dread when buying tutorial infested books, simply because theres always a chance vital information may be wrong, or there might be important files missing from the CD. There's a slight risk factor. So it was a severe relief when this book came through my door.(Thanks Amazon!:)) As soon as I glanced through it I learnt an array of information on After effects. Each page is chock full, well written and most importantly, completly accurate. As an average After Effects user, there is always that temptation to skip a few chapters, but starting from page one paid off as I found I learnt far more than I bargained for, shortcuts and methods I had previously overlooked. Even the CD impressed me. It features Free plug ins, tons of source material and 6 bonus tutorials. I'm really looking forward to Trish & Chris Meyer's two other books on After Effects. If you find reading books helps you learn software, and After Effects is something you want to learn then invest in this book as soon as you can.
on 15 December 2011
Now listen very carefully....I will say this only once...
This book, by the Meyers, is the only one you will ever need. It is so comprehensive and is an instructional book, a follow-it book and a reference for anything After Effects. At 752 pages you will find what you want in there somewhere, so buy it whilst the price is so reasonable. I bought it when it was first published and it has been my constant companion ever since.
on 9 October 2003
I spent close to an hour looking through six different AE tutorial book some time ago. This is by far the best! Good structure, in-depth, interesting projects etc etc. I've ordered vol 2 as well, which was published a few months ago. I am also very happy with other books in the "DV expert series".
on 28 October 2010
great breadth and depth good for beginners and as a reference tool for advanced users
on 8 February 2013
This is a great book and has useful tutorials. I find though the artistic approach of the motion graphics a bit outdated. The design of motion graphics has very low aesthetics. But it is very good to technically improve your skills.
on 26 January 2015
Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects:...
Trish & Chris Meyer
Write your review here
I bought both the books, the begginer and the advanced one. I haven't started with the advanced one yet but the begginner one is great. It explains a really complicated programme in nice simple terms with some graphics. It doesn't try to move forward too fast which is good because I'm a bit of a slow learner. I feel like I'm making good progress. If Trish & Chris Meyer write more books on After Effects I'll be interested in them. I really want to learn as much as I can with After Effects.
on 13 February 2015
bought this book on the kindle. the Book itself is good, but is based a series of tutorials, which in the paperback version you get a CD with the demo files on. On the kindlestore you email the publishers with proof of purchase and they are supposed to send you a web address and an access code . So far I have not had a response to my two emails. very dissapointing I am thinking of asking Amazon for my money back.
on 7 June 2011
I have only just started to use this book, but already I can see that it is well written and easy to follow. I have been using After Effects for a few years, but have not made use of all of the features and have not always understood some of the techniques fully that I have been using. I would recommend it both to first time users of AE and for more experience users.
on 4 May 2015
Superb book with lots and lots of useful information about an application that can be really hard to get into especially if you use it only casually (and not as a full time professional). Gives many useful tutorials / hints and tips and ideas to explore even for some of the more obscure points of the program.
on 14 May 2015
You'll need to dedicate some time to this book but if you do you will be able to say 'Yeah I can do After Effects'. Very good intro and intermediate level lessons. Indispensable.