Customer reviews

on 11 April 2017
improved my photoshop skills instantly. well laid out and easy to follow.
on 9 September 2017
Just great for digital photographers.
on 13 March 2017
Clear, detailed descriptions to follow producing great results.
on 31 July 2014
Very informative, one of the best books I've read on RAW editing.
on 23 January 2010
Hello,

I absolutely love this book! It has given me so much useful information about post-processing, and my photos really has improved a great deal after I started to follow the steps in this book.

The book is packed with beautiful photos, and I absolutely love the layout and design! Along with the usual step-by-step direction the authors has decided to ad - sort of - handwritten comments here and there, and I think it works really really well. It makes the book a great joy to read!

The topics - no matter how complex - are explained brilliantly in visual steps making them easy to understand. The authors tells you not only HOW, but also WHY - and I think that is essential when you want to try the techniques later on your own photos. I have tried the multi-raw processing and black & white conversion with great success! Next one out is the HDR-process. I can't wait!

Conclusion: If you are buying only one book about post-processing, and are serious about your work, this book should be the one you buy! Plain and simple!
review image
on 20 January 2010
This is a beautifully produced book by Harold and Phylis Davis with magnificent colour illustrations throughout.

The example images used are available for download which is essential as they are demonstrating techniques I have not seen elsewhere.
This is a book for the person really interested in Photoshop techniques starting from RAW images and taking their Photoshop skills to a new level - it is DEFINITELY NOT for newcomers to the software.

They also include in the download their 'Actions' for some LAB techniques - my only gripe is that this is for a Mac and not a PC - guess I will have to create my own!!

A really vibrant and stimulating book
on 17 January 2010
Obviously this isn't designed to be a comprehensive Photoshop manual: there are plenty of weighty books out there that provide that. What it is is a series of project studies designed to give a feel for what you can achieve in post-production, with beautifully reproduced images and detailed instructions and commentaries. Very easy to read and follow, while suggesting infinite possibilities!
on 25 April 2010
I have a few books on Photoshop but I really enjoy the style and way this book has been written. Heavily biased towards RAW files (which is why I bought it) and how to store, process and then finish in Photoshop. The book keeps reminding you how to do things covered earlier which is very useful.
All in all, a good book with lots of hints and tips - very pleased with it.
on 3 December 2010
The lay-out of this book is a mixture of print and freehand notes and diagrams. This produces very relaxed atmosphere while covering some important techniques, such as multi raw processing. The book does this in a detaied and easy-to-follow way. A good book for beginners who want to take their Photoshop up to a new level.
on 30 January 2010
A first class book - the tutorials are very clear and the back references very useful. An interesting layout makes the book easy to read.