Customer reviews

on 13 April 2012
Couldn't help noticing that the (only) previous review seems to be for the software rather than for this book. I thought it is unfair to judge the book as such, hence this cursory review to try offset the erroneous review that should have been corrected or removed.

I have an eBook version of the book that precedes this one - PaintShop Photo Pro X3 For Photographers - intended for Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 and, in my opinion, that book is very good (may be a 4-star). I did a quick comparison of table of contents with this book and a major difference you'll notice is in the earlier chapters devoted to explaining the user interface (UI) - which is expected as 'PaintShop Photo Pro X3' and 'PaintShop Pro X4' have notable UI differences. The remaining chapters are almost identical except for minor differences.

As for the X3 software, I agree that it deserves a poor rating and you'll find my review dated 21 Dec 2011 for PaintShop Photo Pro Ultimate X3.
on 26 July 2012
Had a browse through and then had a go at some of the topics.Tried the HDR merge by following the steps in the book and to my pleasant surprise got some stunning pictures.I will gradually try all the different things to do and hope they are successful as well.A well written informative book that eases the reader through the various stages in an easy and understandable manner.Would definately recommend to anyone that wants to get the best out of PSPX4.
on 13 February 2013
I have used several versions of Paintshop since version 9 but this is the first book by Ken McMahon that I have used.

First it focusses very clearly on what it says on the cover and Ken's explanations and worked projects are very well written enabling the user to make rapid progress in their skills of using the many features offered by the software.

Highly rated.
on 2 June 2013
I have used Paint Shop Pro for many years (since version 3) but the later versions are not quite as intuitive to use so an Instruction Manual is needed. In the latest versions of Paint Shop Pro (since Corel took over) the included book informs what the software can do but not how to do it. This book should be included in with the software. I would recommend it.
on 3 May 2013
Without this I may never have understood what I was doing with Corel.
I know now and am on X6.
And........ I seem to know what I am doing now LOL
on 19 July 2013
It can so much to enhance your photographs, even the poorest quality ones. I am getting more and more people asking me how I do it haha!
on 17 February 2013
Easy to follow and everything you need to know whether you are a beginner or not.A good buy for any one
interested in the subject
on 28 January 2013
Only just started reading it. Think it will need a lot of processing so hope it's worth the effort. I shall persevere... eventually!
on 3 January 2013
PaintShop Pro X4 for Photographers Ken McMahon is a very good book. Pity that Version X4 of PSP is not as good as the book.
on 9 September 2012
This book told me just what I wanted to know, with examples of how and what to do to improve your photos. Lots of screen shots of the different screens on organizing and editing photos.