Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 May 2012
A book not to be rushed. I'm captivated by the wealth of helpful information, addressed in simple language, for anyone to easily follow.
I'm only just starting this book - watch this space...
on 23 February 2015
This is the best book I have read on contemplation. It is practical, clear and inspiring. I recommend it to anyone seeking guidance on prayer.
on 3 October 2013
I have read other books on contemplative prayer and indeed, been trying to prayer contemplatively before reading this book, but Martin's explanations and metaphors have help take me to new, much deeper places in my prayer life , which have then affected my daily life as well. I would heartily recommend this book, but advise reading it in small chunks whilst actually trying out contemplative prayer for yourself. Many of Martin's explanations didn't make sense until I experienced them for myself in prayer.
on 8 November 2013
What I have read so far is very enlightening and I am enjoying the book very much. I hope that the remainder will live up to my expectations.
on 20 September 2014
I would highly recommend this book to anyone exploring the practice of mindfulness from a Christian perspective. Simpl and yet profound.
on 11 April 2011
This is a truly lovely book outlining the history and practice of 'going into silence'. I will keep reading it over and over again.
on 11 September 2011
This book is a very great help in the practice of prayer. It is too early for me to say much, since I am only a beginner!!
on 4 April 2014
Martin laird has proved himself a truly great writer and spiritual teacher by producing this second superb Christian book . I enjoyed every line and was bitterly disappointed when the last line appeared .....Give us more of this sensible, practical spiritual rich food please Fr Martin . It s like reading pure Thomas Merton in the 21st century !
on 20 January 2015
Excellent and very practical for developing your relationship with God.
on 10 March 2015
Helpful and thoughtful book for those interested in contemplation.