Customer reviews

on 5 March 2010
The book is too simplistic. I wanted a book that will provide more scope for meditation but this book only provide a few sentences, some of which are ambiguous and dont provide clear ideas for thought.

If you simply want a book with short phrases to read each day, then this might be okay for you. However if you want something to pray with or something with some prose to meditate on, this book isn't it.
on 17 February 2010
The readings are a lot shorter than I was expecting. At first I was disappointed, but now find myself referring to them quite often.Many can be thought provoking & reflective. A useful book for those of us who lead busy lives & need something to think over during the day.
on 24 January 2010
Having read several of Margaret Silf's books and found them interesting and inspiring I expected 'Daily Readings' to be similar. I am disappointed to find it lacking the depth found in her other books.
on 24 July 2011
This book was recommended to me, and I am enjoying the daily readings - short and succinct, and very relevant to our daily lives. It was easy to purchase and came very quickly.,
on 6 September 2013
I think the book is very good. I have actually bought it for a friend for her birthday and I am sure it will be just right for her.
on 16 April 2012
I had used Bible reading fellowship for many years and always appreciated the contributions from Margaret Silf. Recently I was looking for something less wordy for my morning prayers and went online to see publications by Margaret Silf and found this book hence my order. This is exactly what I was looking for. A counple of verses of scripture then a brief appropriate comment. I can ponder on the is carry the thought with me throughout the day.