Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 November 2011
I'm studying for an honours degree in literature and my current module is children's literature. The first assignment was about ideology in ch.lit. and I was focussing on Northern Lights by Philip Pullman. This book is an in depth look at Pullman's views regarding organised religion and it is quite objective which is interesting since it is written by a member of the clergy. I found it interesting and useful and quoted from it in my essay. It didn't really tell me anything that I had not discovered by reading the novel but it gave me insights and support for my arguments. I enjoyed reading it but probably won't need to refer to it again.
on 26 July 2007
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is a must for anyone who likes Philip Pullman's ficiton. it provides an engaging account of the treatment of Christianity in Pullman's work.