Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 20 June 2007
Picked up by chance this book is changing our locality - the central premis that just perhaps all our small choices have the potential to change our world around us is a mind blowing concept. This book clearly and with humour explores and encourages every step of the way - there is so much within its pages you can dip in and out, every time there is a new challenge. I can't recommend it highly enough - and at this price, just what have you got to lose!
on 15 March 2009
This little book is a gem. Even if you don't use it for a Lent course for a small group, you'll find it an absorbing and thought provoking read.
on 3 March 2013
I chose this book for our housegroup to look at over Lent as the write up and feedback given were encouraging. However, what the product description does not say is that this book is based on two films, the Shawshank Redemption and Babette's Feast. If I had known that before I ordered it I would not have chosen the book as, for some, the Shawshank Redemption can be a disturbing film and people may not want to watch it. Babette's Feast on the other hand is totally undisturbing. However, the recommended DVD for Babette's Feast, with English subtitles, is an expensive buy.

We, as a group, have 'made a choice' and decided to continue with this book - with those who have watched the Shawshank Redemption sharing the particular story line of the film as we go through the book.

We are looking forward to the challenges this book will undoubtedly present.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2014
WOW everyone I've lent this book to is better for reading it. Went on to do the group study with some friends. Hillary Brands writing is powerfully in a very gentle way.
on 30 June 2014
Using it in a group and find it suitable and helpful