on 12 April 2017
Brilliant book,so challenging
on 21 August 2017
happy
on 8 September 2017
A really encouraging and clearly written book
on 16 November 2017
Loved this book. I read one section at a time
on 20 September 2017
read it when you are heartbroken, when you think you are healed and again when you are healed......
on 31 August 2012
After reading Nouwen's book I should really just box up virtually all of my Christian books around my house, put them in the garage to avoid being distracted, and spend the next ten years reading, and re-reading The Inner Voice of Love alongside the Bible.

Truly, this is a heart-breaking, deeply profound, beautiful expression of our brokenness, lostness and hope. It is so beautifully written with such tender simplicity that it cannot help but leave you with a sense of your life having been changed.

Buy many copies and bless many people with this book.
on 25 January 2017
Book exactly as described, fast efficient service, thank you, ive ordered two more!
on 26 June 2017
If I could give it more than 5 stars I would, his is the one book that can help centre you. For someone who suffers from inner loneliness it has given me practical steps and insights, helped put it all into perspective. If like me you feel too much you will find as the end of each small chapter a 'light bulb' moment where you say deep in your soul, "Yes! This is it"
on 18 March 2011
I have always held a deep admiration for Henri Nouwen through a number of his books that I've read and this one is no exception. It does, however, give the reader who is perhaps struggling with everyday life just a perfect insight into the inner mind when we are going through difficult times.
It is, in many ways, both uplifting and encouraging to read the complete honesty in which Henri speaks about the difficulties he is going through and to know that with persistent belief in the God of our own understanding we will come through the dark tunnel and emerge all the better for it.
A book to be picked up time and time again and any passage read in isolation to ponder over in stillness.
on 23 March 2011
If you have never read any books by Henri Nouwen then you are missing out! This is a good one to start with. You have to read it in small chunks as there is so much packed into each reading. There are some simple yet profound truths that have the power to change your life. The Return of the Prodigal Son would be a good one to follow on with.