on 1 February 2013
I bought this book last Christmas in order for me to get inspired by some of the stories in this book. I was amazed as to how well written and engaging those stories were. I really loved this book because at some point in your life a decision must be made and one of them is knowing whether you have the 'balls' to jump into the entrepreneur world. I've been thinking about business ideas for a long time now (I'm 27 y/o) but never really gone for one of them. I work in digital as a full-time job and I can see on a daily basis how people just come up with businesses online and (in most cases) make a living out of it.

This book really helped me go for it. It just makes you realize how simple an online business can be. It's the perfect platform to discover whether your idea will triumph or not in no time (and no cost). I believe there are many people in my situation, wanting to go solo but not having the time or motivation because of your full-time jobs. This book comes in handy because it aso demonstrates that you can start small, very small and just keep meeting people at events, go to online meetups, co-working and networking spaces.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone who desires to change his daily life at least a little bit for the better.

PS: I decided to buy this same book to my father because even though hes been there and done it, a little reminder of how the business world really starts of it's no harm to anyone. Moreover, he absolutely loved it!

Thanks,
Chris Guillebeau
on 23 July 2012
I really enjoyed this book and found it an inspirational read - lots of useful tips and advice for people thinking of making the leap into the freelance/entrepreneur world.
on 20 October 2013
Great e book..good value..sound advice and info which has got me ready to go in pushing forward with making money through a variety of ways I hadn't considered before. I recommend this book totally. I have just finished reading it cover to cover over the course of one full day..taken loads of notes..and now keen to push forward with some new ideas
on 14 March 2013
I bought three books on this and related subjects, and this was by far the best, with ACTUAL EXAMPLES of what people had done, that always seem to be so lacking in other books (almost as if it could all be made-up).
I good and inspiring read, with lots of interesting information.
on 2 June 2013
A good practical guide on starting up a micro business. Its the simple easy and useful tips that inform the reader who is ready to give it a go. I like the fact that the author is not claiming he'll make you a millionaire in two months but giving options to just supplement your current income
on 1 July 2012
If you've got an idea and you're looking for a kick up the bum to put it into action then this is the book for you.
on 14 April 2013
Loved reading the case studies incorporated into the text, to see how real busineses have suceeded using a different understanding of how a business can work rather than the long preached ideas.
Real business with figures and testermonials using different perspectives and being succesful.
very inspirational whilst giving a (not so) gentle kick to get going and not to think TO much.
Enjoyed the read Thanks
on 9 February 2013
Firstly, a darn good read! Secondly, easily worth the money. Thirdly, buy it and see what you really can achieve. Full of excellent case studies. From reading it I have come up with ten viable ideas for a micro business. This book doesn't list ideas for you to choose from, it shows you how to recognise ideas and skills that you already have. Most of us lack the impetus to get on and do it, this book will help with that and show you there are far fewer barriers than you think.
on 9 January 2014
Lovely book with hands on tips and ideas on how to make a living doing what you love. I recently quit my day job to go it alone as a solo entrepreneur and I found the book both insightful and helpful in my new endeavour. Highly recommended!
on 6 November 2013
A must read for any one looking to start their own business. Takes into account how the phenomena if micro businesses has come about I've businesses run by one or two individuals. Loads of examples that will get you inspired. I literally was writing the ideas that we're coming to myself white reading the book.