on 27 April 2017
Bought this for my grandson and he loves it. Ask him to pick a book for bedtime and this is the one he chooses even though my daughter doesn't
know why he loves it so much.
4 people found this helpful
on 10 January 2018
To me it seems such a strange book, I imagine due to age and the wording, but my daughter wants to read over and over so there must be something in it she loves! She’s really in to the moon so that helps!!
2 people found this helpful
on 26 April 2017
I bought one each for my two youngest granddaughters. It's a perfect example of a little character who doesn't want to go to sleep just yet and will keep adding things to their "goodnight" list. There's plenty for tinies to spot on each page. I was taken by how muted the illustrations are, no garish artwork or colouring. I thoroughly recommend it.
3 people found this helpful
on 19 February 2018
"Goodnight Moon" is a beautifully-written and wonderfully-illustrated American classic which every young child should have in their library! My son, who is now 31, absolutely adored it. It's a gently story about a rabbit who is about to go to sleep, but he wants to say "goodnight" to all the things in his room! Margaret Wise Brown also wrote a follow-up called "The Runaway Bunny" which, again, is a sweet story with lovely illustrations! There is also an enchanting plush toy Goodnight Moon Bunny sporting his striped pyjamas and this really brings the stories to life!
on 26 March 2018
This book is absolute magic for calming children whom don't wish to go to sleep. Event 6, my son still insists upon hearing it nightly. Something so calming and tranquil about the writing. The children love it. I don't know WHY it works--it is so simple, and frankly I always hated the colour combinations in the artwork, but the CHILDREN LOVE it. They are the judges. Wonderful.
on 17 September 2015
This is the first time I have read this story and I had head such good reviews about it I bought it for my Grandson. He seems to like it and asked for it again so from his point of view it is good. I am not sure about the change from colour to black and white but he did not seem to mind .I am disappointed in the colour as the red balloon in the story is orange and as my Grandson is learning his colours this is important .
on 1 March 2010
Having bought this on the strength of all the reviews, and loved it myself when it arrived, I was disappointed that my 10 month old grandchild did not love it as well. However, I've come to realise that the seemingly repetitious coloured picture on every other page is very boring for a child who cannot yet understand every word you say to her concerning the page. She loves the other stories by Margarey Wise Brown - in the Runaway Bunny she can point to the baby bunny and the mummy bunny on every page and in My World she can always find the baby bunny wherever he is.

If you have the same trouble just bear with it, as I'm going to, and wait till your child/grandchild is a little older. For me, as an adult, I think the nighttime story is lovely and there are so many things to point out to get a child to recognise things(like finding the little mouse on every page for instance).

UPDATE. My granddaughter is now 20 months and absolutely loves the book. It was well worth the wait and perseverence. There are so many of the same things on each page that by the time we come to the end I'm sure that part of her delight is feeling that she 'knows' everyone and feels thoroughly acquainted with everything in the room.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 19 January 2018
Love love love it ! And extra love for being larger then normal old size .
This book is for babies and todders fot like and love , which most of the children do . Is not for adults as they might not undestand the simple rymes or very contured and dark colours . But this book depends how you introducing or read it to your child as a cartoon or a bed time story .
on 19 January 2017
This is a pretty strange book, but the more I've read it with my child the more I like it. The way it is written is very clever and I can see my little one falling asleep as we get towards the end. Personally I like the illustrations, although odd! My child is 3 and she still likes it. She finds the moon fascinating though.
on 16 October 2015
I bought this book based on so many positive reviews, but when it arrived I was initially disappointed. The story seemed a bit random, and the images aren't as bright and colourful as other board books I have. However, this book is now one of my favourites and has become part of my 9 month old sons bedtime (and nap time) routine! Its quite a battle to get my son to sleep at the moment, but the rhythm of the story is really calming, and I love the way that the picture of the room gets darker as you read to the end. My son starts to settle as soon as I start reading, and by the end of the book he's yawning and ready to sleep. He's only 9 months but I'm sure this will be a favourite of ours for years to come! I'd definitely recommend to anyone looking for a bedtime story!