on 10 April 2018
My little grandson loves this range of books. This one particularly, with the rhyming, ‘fox’ and ‘socks’ seems to engage him well; great sibilance. He opens the tabs independently now, and carefully, as he has been taught, but I would not leave a toddler alone with these interactive books to become damaged. I keep them for ‘special reading time’ with cuddles, just before a day-time nap. This works great, providing I allow my grandson to explore as he wishes following our first read-through. He then closes the book himself when he’s done. He giggles when I say, ‘fox’s socks’, emphasizing the ‘s’.
With a variety of related images on every page, my grandson also enjoys pointing to and naming each one. He looks forward to reaching the last page that is a typical attic - full of scattered items to find and name.
on 7 December 2017
A lovely book with beautiful illustrations and lift up flaps.
I bought this for my grandson and he loved opening up the flaps whilst the story was being read. It was a great favourite. I am now buying it for a neighbours little boy, as I am sure he will enjoy it too.
on 30 October 2015
This and the others in the Acorn Wood series were a favourite bedtime reading experience ever since we bought it. The flaps in each double page spread allows children to engage in the story and keep their attention. Julia Donaldson's use of riming words too adds to the audio delight that both the reader and the listener experiences. I highly recommend this little kids and big grown up kids who read too!

There is a lovely hidden-in-plain-sight visual tale here as you move through Fox's search for his socks. When your child is familiar with the whole story, try and tell it through the little Mouse's point of view. Look at all the scenery especially the way the artist has put things into the background, upside down pictures etc. It's not just what's under the flaps that are interesting.
VINE VOICEon 8 December 2017
These books are wonderful. A huge favouite of my two year-old who wants them read to her every day. We are slowly introducing the others in the series (one on the way for Christmas) you really can't go wrong buying them.
on 30 October 2015

In this story, the delivery of several letters makes for a lovely treat in the end. The dwelllings are interesting for what they have in and nearby, Axel Scheffler does a great job complimenting the riming prose of Julia Donaldson.
on 16 August 2017
We have a different version of this book- published in 2013 I believe. The last page of the book lost its flap pretty quickly.

I have high hopes for the flaps last a bit longer on this edition as the cardboard is stronger.

A nicely illustrated book- any children aged 1-3 who like lift the flap books will enjoy.

Let's see how the flaps last :)
on 9 March 2015
We have had to buy a dozen other lift-the-flap books since buying the set of Acorn Wood books; my little girl has demanded we read these so often that we can now recite them and they were driving us crazy (we were hearing the words in our dreams). Really well made; unlike other flap books the flaps are part of the page and not stuck on so they haven't ripped despite (endless) repeated use. We used them to teach our daughter different animals; asking her where fox and rabbit are, etc. They are simply lovely; rhyming couplets, beautiful pictures, and huge fun for little ones. Buy them all. And then buy them as gifts.
on 23 November 2017
My daughter (5) absolutely loves this book. We have bought it this time round for a friends child (2) Lots of lovely flaps to lift and discover. My daughter finds the last page extremely funny (notice the squirrels tail behind the frogs head - he looks like he has troll hair!)
on 9 March 2015
on 27 January 2016
Lovely rhyming book with fun lift-the-flaps & a humerous story. My daughter always refer to fox when she has cold feet (toes) now!
Only reason for four stars is that i find the final illustration where he finds his last sock abit difficult to identify said sock! My daughter took a few reads before she accepted the second sock had been found! Illustrations are great & alot to talk about on each page.